My Style

You know what? I spent my morning after waking up sorting out my clothes at the service balcony because I stopped halfway since there were not enough hangers to hang in my wardrobe. Before I resigned to fate that I eventually HAD to buy new batches of hangers after so long and uhm..after convincing my mum that nope my clothes LOOKS like a lot but actually they are not, I thought for awhile. Oh, then I realised that I DO have enough hangers if I could fold the pants and the jeans and stuff my already stuffed wardrobe.


But if Im encountering this kind of minor setback, I wonder how my other colleagues are coping with their wardrobe woes. Especially this one colleague of mine, I think her turnover rate for her clothing pieces is zero because most likely you will only see it once and that's it! That's how her clothes is like as if you're seeing her wear something new every day. Piang..But then again, she did have her advantages like her youngest sister worked at ZARA for two years and being a staff there, she could either kaput the clothing items or get heavy discounts. Then her elder sister who put on weight after marriage and started wearing the same size as hers, she now can wear her clothes too! What do I have? A brother who wears my old t shirts.


Then again, Im not complaining. At least I have clothes to wear unlike last time when I was too scared to buy clothes without feeling majorly embarassed if the salesgirls were going to give me a dirty looks. Honestly, I still experience that feeling so much so I don't quite go from this shop to another and will only look from outside because I have a phobia of how they are going to judge me. The easiest I can think of is 'hrpmh..I doubt she can fit any of the clothes' or my most common thought is 'she's too big'. Short and simple. Some are quite okaylah like those slightly more major boutiques where the staff don't really eye on you as there are just so many people walking in and taking a look, trying it out and asking them endless questions.


Okaylah, if you ask me...Im not huge on shopping. Maybe in a month, I can buy two or three items and most likely, they're not very expensive but if I can afford it, at most is at 25 dollars. Then, I also make sure I dont buy for the sake of buying or I buy them and wished that I can wear them once I lose 10kg. Never! I learnt that I should buy clothes not coz they're nice to look at but they look good on me and can match my other wardrobe pieces. Once an image consultant said that we should be buying items to enhance our wardrobe and to avoid impulse buying. I don't know if it is a good thing that I am not so fashion conscious or the buzzword is 'fashionista' and I proclaimed that a few times on my blog before. I can also be a tad bit fussy when it comes to shopping for clothes and I'd rather go out of the shop empty handed than to end up with something I wouldn't wear now but maybe..................somewhere in the future IF there is an opportunity. As if THAT opportunity will come.


But my clothes have their own personality in a way I can mostly remember what they are and if they're missing from my two wardrobes or anywhere. Yup, that is the kind of relationship that I have with them which means to say that the quantity is still manageable enough. So I do have a few bad buys simply because they were on sale..yet another buzzword...and I thought that since I already had one in black and it looked okay on me, then I should get the pink one. So wrong. The pink one looked sucky on me and the material looked much thinner I wondered if they did anything to the fabric or bought an 'illegal' one and swapped the labels. But I learnt my lesson ever since I suffered a temporary loss of savings quite recently and even after gaining it back albeit slowly but surely, I try my best to not be so consumed by the word 'sale' unless it is a really good sales item. At this time too, I also learnt to appreciate my current crop of clothes much more especially the pieces that I very very seldom wear or simply forgot their existence.


I think us girls should do that at times. Instead of simply feeding our obssession with shopping and keep on overstuffing our wardrobe, why don't we take a month off to simply enjoy wearing the pieces that we currently have. Who cares if they are of past season because chances are, many of us can't tell because trust me hunny, most of us are not cut out to be fashionistas. Then those clothes that you wont be caught dead wearing again, give them away to people who need it more and to those friends that appreciate a 'different' kind of change to their usual every day wear..like yours truly..hehe.


Anyway, these pictures below are so unrelated to the entry above but heck, I still post them up and yesterday marked the end of our course. Enjoy the pics! Oh, if you want to be like me, you can try updating your wardrobe by getting simple pieces like a cheap cropped cardigan and wear it over your usual shirt that you already have and voila! It will look new. People can't tell that the prices for both items that you matched are starkingly different.





during break time...


yawns...


good friend cum colleague...sobs..she has the
sweetest love story of all! and the ONLY one
who thinks that being single isn't such a bad thing.
thank U! Duh..she was a single for so long too until
love blossomed with an ex schoolmate of hers who kept
in touch with her for so long but didn't have the courage
to tell her how much he wanted them to be together. That
was until he was posted to Thailand for National
Service and she started to miss him so badly.
See how one thing that might sound bad may actually be
a blessing in disguise..AWWWwww..!! Rahayu smittened!



heh..caught unaware.


coffee again! hehe..but I drank tea throughout the
course.



tsk..sibuk again..she just happened to come in
from the toilet and posed beside me. Haha..
didn't have the heart to chase her away.



this is my group..or WAS my group. Yup, past tense
coz it already happened. Tsk..just tellin you something
I learnt from the course..hehe. Hey, now I can write
business reports and minutes!

Comments

Popular Posts