Bad Lunch


So I didn't see him come round the pantry. At least, give me some satisfaction..something to smile and think about leh...hrmph. Okay, so I SHOULD NOT have viewed lunch in that manner like 'woopee..the most exciting day at work right now is lunch..' because what did I get? A bad lunch! That's not quite appropriate. A horrible lunch! heh.. Okay, what could possibly go wrong? I took the wrong packet of food. Stupid cashier..only knows how to handle the money but don't have the decency to at least pass me my packet of food. There were two packets there and since she didn't hand me my food, I just took the one which I thought was the right one. Apparently, I was wrong. Man, and I was so happy over my choice of dishes because being in this..yawns..workplace..you have to endure the food here which seriously lacks taste. They're also stingy with gravy and you have to ask for gravy unless you want your dishes to be super dry, Oh well. Anyway, what did I end up with? The new year's day special prepared by a chef. Yah, what is SO bad about that right? Well, for one thing..I don't really like fish and especially grilled fish. So, instead of just tossing the whole thing into the garbage bin, I had to relish in the buttered rice eaten with a scoop of mashed potato and fresh lettuce. I feel like a rabbit. At least it is healthier unlike the dishes which I had chosen earlier but never get to eat them. So is this God's way of punishing me for going off balance with my so-called 'healthy eating' advocator with those dishes? I don't know...haiz...today, not my day I guess.

Hrm, talking about being healthy, I noticed that one of my colleagues is losing weight and yah, I don't view it as competition or what but I heard yesterday, that it is not a cheap thing. One thing, she has been on this diet product for quite long and it's something like milkpowder which she will add to her drinks in the morning. She said she lost 10kg and I think she is promoting this to another colleague of mine. Geez..quite expensive too because each month she has to spend 100 dollars on this product. I have heard of stories of people paying around that amount each month for their products. Well, if it is paying off, then it is good. But seriously I'd rather spend my money elsewhere..haha. I feel like telling them that a visit to the doctor is suffice and they can save money as they don't have to resort to such expensive products.

Oh, one thing about diet products, which I have mentioned before, is that you must know once you're off this product, you have to work a lot harder to maintain the weight you have lost. Much harder than when you do the longer way which is through a sensible diet and exercise plan. Really....like I said, so what if your weight loss doesn't seem as fast as these people? The thing is, you get to manage your weight better because you know your diet well enough like what works for you and what don't and the exercises you do help to tone you up a bit making your overall appearace look nicer and shapelier than when you depend on these products to just lose the weight. You may end up 'heavier' looking because your weight loss results in saggy skin and fleshy bits plus you will look a bit more tired. I was a bit shocked that she and I are of the same weight range now but uhm..the shock is not out of jealousy. It's just that it is not that noticeable as she has only depended on her diet product to do the tricks even though she did brag she went from XXL to L. Pfft...XXL didn't use to fit me at all and she was complaining like it was the biggest size in the world. I just kept quiet and just 'Wah!' over her achievement during our time in the pantry yesterday coz I find it fascinating to know about the different ways people use to lose weight that costs so much $$ and also be fascinated about their bragging sessions. I know Im such an idiot.

Oh yah. I want to beg of you that if you find your internet connection still not working as well as the yesteryear, please have patience. People are putting their lives on the rocks so that we are able to surf but they have to risk their lives diving down under to repair the underwater cables due to the earthquake tremors. Okay, in the first place, I would have to agree with the commentary of an IT geek that while we are moving so much ahead with technology, the abundance of web traffic depend on these underwater cables that were built in the 90's, mind you. So yup, technically, we have not progressed that much. So much for technology.

Comments

Popular Posts