B-B-BonuS!

*beaming*...can you see rahayu BEAMING?! hehe...


YES!! after a year of waiting, the b-b-bonus pay is finally in! I know some people have been a bit 'cheesed off' for not getting the 0.2 extra bonus and me, being one of the lucky one and making tahan-ing this statutory board job all worthwhile, understands how you people feel. But trust me peeps, we're under a controlled salary range as determined by the government unlike the private sectors where the salary depends on the profits of the companies which lead to more pay the higher their profit margin. It's like a trade off. If you want a job that is rather stable but have to endure being shifted here and there either horizontally or vertically (this applies to being pushed and pulled here and there too) and to be labelled 'rude' or having an 'attitude problem' even though you're merely clarifying things or voicing out your opinions in a mild manner (which to them is STILL rude, by the way), you're welcome to join the govt sector semi or non semi. It's just a matter of tolerance and getting a punching bag at home to vent your frustrations for being treated like an idiot at work with zero knowledge which requires repetition and verbal threats from the management as if we're in primary school. Or just get a blog like mine...heh heh..


So even with the 0.2 'extra', it is nothing compared to the bonuses received by the private sectors. But I am thankful in any other ways just like my other colleagues who slogged in the field in a department which is figure driven but have zero respect for the subordinates and continually bringing us down. This is coming from the management who has no power over our pay but recently, has been 'smart' in bringing up matters straight to the HR without prior consultation with the officer in question for clarification. Gawd...............sometimes, we're just so not bothered by their 'love of authority' that we're like 'ugh..whatever lah.'


This 0.2 is also means of making up the big difference between our semi govt sector and the private sector because it is a well known fact that private sectors people have much higher pay and bonuses than us. So there is really no big 'hoo haa' over this 0.2 thingey because no matter what, it's just a matter of making up the difference but of course, im not here to argue over anything and like what I said, I SHOULD be glad too coz bonus=savings+SPENDING!!!!!!!!! wahoo!!!


And uhm, I thought I was the only one who did some pre shopping prior to bonus but apparently, I wan not alone. Hrm, no wonder the 'spirit' of this bonus thingey was not that high in the office but who can blame them after an earful session during the in service meeting? Gawd..it's figures and figures and figures..the only figures we're interested in is of course, the salary figures.


Okay, that aside. I did some shopping today after more than a month of anticipation at Vivocity!! Wahoo again!!! The shopping mall looks like a maze with 'endless' discoveries with every turn you make. I was telling my brother that today we were just going to do some exploring around and see what is there to find. Anyway, I didn't actually have a long list of things to buy except for some which die die, MUST wait for this bonus to pay for the things. Me and my colleagues were talking about how some of our things like our shoes have this funny way of telling us to get a new pair because they suddenly became 'out of order!' I thought I was the only one having that problem with not one, not two but three pair of heels that became out of order with the latest one losing the rubber tips exposing the nails just the morning on the way to buona vista. I know Im horrible with heels because it seemed most suffered from the same 'disease' such as the tip of the heels breaking up and these were Charles and Keith pairs of heels and not your friendly neighbourhood shops, mind you. Not even Bata. Okay, it is not that I am freakinly particular about 'brands' but so far, I just see the workmanship and the design especially from other shops, other than the established ones, as crap. But is it just me but the Charles and Keith collection of shoes is losing its 'touch' because they may look nice and reasonably priced especially if they are heavily discounted. However, after just a short while of wearing, I don't feel comfortable wearing them already and true enough, being a non heels wearer, you can imagine that I seldom wear these heels but yet maybe because of 'age' or what, when I wore them again after like two three months later, that's it. The tip of the heels will break apart.


Not to say I condemn Charles and Keith shoes, really. I still think their collection is nice but to me, now I am sorta moving to URS brand of shoes and I find them more comfortable to wear. Apparently, longer lasting too throughout the day without your feet feeling like they are covered with multiple abrasions. Okay okay..whatever it is, I am just glad to get replacement for the 'gone too soon' pairs of heels before I risk walking on the exposed nails instead.


I only bought one item of clothing from FOX label and yawns...a pretty boring collection but Im not suprised coz I think they were trying to clear the old stock. So I got one heavily discounted tops even though I was reserving part of the money meant for spending during the Mango sales tomorrow. But it is okaylah considering that it was only thirteen bucks.


Actually, I also wanted to buy blusher coz my blusher is going to finish anyway and it has been a year already. It is not that I am particular about blusher but I want a blusher that doesnt need so much efforts for the colours to appear and make me look good. My friend Mariah recommended I use Anna Sui's blusher because the colours looked attractive and it suits me. Uhm..apparently I wasn't paying attention as to what exactly was the shade but I was taking note of it. I never had a blusher bought over the counters of popular make up giants like Anna Sui. The only things I buy from such make up counters are from Clinique focusing on the cleansing part of the face. It would be nice having something solely for make up purpose. I know that it will definitely be a bit pricey but since it is going to be an item I am going to use frequently, I wouldn't mind spending a bit more money. I trial tested it earlier on and the brush texture is smooth and that it doesn't take much to apply it on your face and see the colour instantly.


Eyy.....looks like this blusher is gonna be my new best friend..hehe..Oh! Actually right, I was stuck between two shades while the rest were bleh for me. Tsk, it is not that they are bad colours lah but only because if I would be buying, I would choose what suits me more because this is gonna be my new blusher. Just as I chose one shade which I thought should be more fine for me and the colour was not too intensively strong, she gave me a different one which actually, on second thought, it was the one that I wanted but was afraid that it would not suit me. Phewh! Should have trusted my gut instinct instead or I would simply have to wait for the salesgirl to make the mistake again. OH! Talk about the salesgirl, she didn't seem friendly though she didn't do anything drastic to make my blood boil. Maybe because it was half an hour to closing and she was tired that what she did was merely to rub the shade in one hand and then stood there waiting for me to make decision. Maybe because she thought I was not serious in buying..I don't know. I thought of asking her which shade was better for me but she seemed bored or distracted that I was better off making the decision myself.


I mean, I don't know if they categorise this one as seriously wanting to buy or one who is merely browsing and they shouldn't waste their time over such people. For myself, I dont like giving the salesperson as well as myself a hard time and Im usually a fast shopper because I dont enjoy spending precious minutes thinking and thinking and thinking. Yes I know that we should take the time to buy and seriously like what we buy but for myself, if I think the price is reasonable, it stands out from the rest, in line with my taste, I am sure to wear it, then why not purchase it? Another habit of mine is that when I don't have any intentions of buying the item not for now or in the near future where I most likely intend to buy , for example a blusher, I don't go inside the shop. If I am just browsing, it will usually be a quickie. I know this is not quite the practice of the usual female shopper even if it is a random or a chronic shopper. I guess it's just me lah..hehe. I don't purposely go out shopping but just at random like if I see the top is okay for me and the price is okay too and I forsee myself wearing it, why not? Like what if I plan the shopping and then one day, if I am not actually shopping but sees something which I fancy, what IS going to happen to the top that I bought previously on my planned shopping trip? And then will I have enough spare money for the top I chanced upon but then have to give it a miss because I have already bought a top previously? I mean, I could just buy it if I do have the spare cash but basically, I don't want the previous top I bought to be abandoned jz like that as it didn't happen to be one that caught my fancy but I just had to buy something during my planned trip. Basically, that's how the shopping aspect of my female brain works lah..hehehe.


Anyhoo, if you think that I have left a huge chunk for shopping and changing my whole wardrobe for that matter, or even using the money to go on holidays, well not really actually. It has been planned for a long time that I am just going to use a minimal amount for spending and the rest goes into my savings accounts. Yes, accounts with an 's'. Im that 'kiasu' except for one which I just fancy the mini debit card but left some amount in there in case there is a need to use that card for the sake of 10 to 20 discount with usage. But dammit, twice I missed the chances of getting the additional discounts because I keep forgetting to return back the savings in it after recuperating back my loss of temporary income. When they mentioned if I had the card, I was like..'alamak! forgot to deposit again..' and I'd shake my head vigorously not because I didn't have it but because I was so sorry for myself for letting the discount go..eurgh...


I've settle the bills and Im happy because even after the bills and my mum's share including the 'extra bits', I still have a substantial amount. I was then figuring out how to divide the money up accordingly. Well whatever it is, thank U GOD for helping me again and pulling me out of my financial misery slowly but steadily. I once again promise you that I will take much better care of my finances now..AFTER the Mango sales tomorrow which I try my best not to be greedy and stick to my stipulated budget of below 50 dollars..*grins*..no promises but like I said, I will try!














Comments

Popular Posts