Moving On

hello,

an early new year's day greeting to you. that didn't quite sound rite...i'll do it again come the actual day. im dead bored. it's not that i ain't doing anything right now at work but im still dead bored. I just finished doing the minutes or the report writing for yesterday's meeting...probably in the fastest time ever in the history of my department. I appreciate work given to me as wrong as that sounds because it is better than doing nothing but I don't like to drag work here except sometimes, I have no choice. But that minutes is a killer so that one..gotta go! So, they had to ask me to write minutes with a heck lot of updates and details and I was writing furiously as they spoke because I did not want to miss out on the important things and be blamed for not listening intently enough. Whatever. It's out of my system now and I think I might have just increased my lens degrees.

I walked the lane to the toilet twice on purpose to take a short break from the computer and erm...to have sightings with my current 'love of my life'..hee..but no such luck. Maybe he is not around. My good friends are on leave today and there's just a few of us in the office taking up whatever data entries duty there are at work. It does suck not having enough annual leaves like them to go on frequent 'MIA' moments every week at this time of the year. I need breaks and apparently, I don't get them enough..haiz. But I cannot complain. This is a decision that I have made in the earlier part of the year where I have to sacrifice these leaves for my father. I hope next year, there won't be so many of his appointments for his follow-ups. I think this can be done.

Apparently, the other time my friend of whom I thought would be the last person on earth to ask that question, asked if I was planning to settle down. At first, I thought it was just a harmless question because we just attended the wedding of my ex best friend from primary school with her long-time beau. I told her that maybe, not within the span of 10 years. Yes, it's bloody long but I have other commitments and I don't think Im ready to add one more just yet. But then again, I said that I can only plan but He determines. Then she said that I don't seem to be progressing which doesn't quite justify why i want to put this 'settle down' thingey for a long period. I told I am trying and I just recently submitted the application for a teaching position. So okay, lucky I submitted just a day before she said that to me or I have to listen to her nagging later..haha. I admit that progress has been slow and I do wish that Im not working here anymore and working somewhere else in a much better work environment. Even drinking here have to be done sneakily and the management here has no respect for the subordinates and only try to demotivate us and not motivate us. I do want to get out but I don't want to just get out without a clear path. I have a family to support so it is not just between me and my needs. I have to think about them too. With so many changes that I have to cope next year plus working in such a military styled environment can be a killer. But I try to hold my head up high and do it for the sake of my rice bowl. At least for now.

Oh well. Am looking forward to lunch now. Yippee.

Comments

Popular Posts