Some Lessons

Well...it had been a good week but a tiring one too. So tiring that when I went to the gym, I could feel the soreness in my legs 5 minutes into the cross trainer thingey! And come to think of it, eh..didn't I go to the gym last week but it felt as if I didn't go for the longest while. Oh yes, been doing some catching up with a friend of mine which I had blogged about not too long ago and apparently, she had LOTs of things to tell me..haha. We practically walked from Raffles Place to Dhoby Gaut and on to Orchard Road after our usual hang out at TCC. I had my usual oreo thingey but this time instead of oreo milkshake, I had oreo frappucino. Delicious! The only problem was that...uhm...I forgot I can't take frappucino. That is lesson number one. It gave me stomach ache right till yesterday and my tummy felt SoooOoo uneasy. On that night at around 11, I missed the bus and I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing coz 10 minutes into waiting, my tummyache became worse. I could not even sit up straight and knowing that the bus would be packed later, I decided to forgo the bus and try the walk the pain away. It was a struggle all the way because I could not stand up properly as my tummy was churning away. In the end, when it subdued a bit, I took the train back from Orchard Road and apparently, it was the last train. I missed the previous train (whats up with me missing the public transport?!!) and luckily, I was able to take the last one. Oh yah, prior to that, I went to the toilet coz I thought I looked a mess and my face..my gawd..my whole body was sweating..and my face was practically drenched that I was lucky to take a quick raincheck before boarding the train.


Meanwhile, I was still not at a comfortable level with my tummy and I sat down on the edge of the staircase not caring if my cleavage was showing or what. Oh f***k it lah...good thing I didn't get any weird stares. The only thing on my mind was to get home on time and also to catch the last train over at NEL station. Oh the thought of running at Dhoby Gaut Station...which mind you, isn't just a matter of few steps like at City Hall station. GAH!!!


So yah I had to eventually walked fast midway. And phewh..I made it! :) I never felt so worried in not being able to catch the train at all and knowing that it was a Thursday and not a Friday or a Saturday, I was very doubtful that the time would be extended so die die...had to run for it. And all this because of a darn frapuccino. Should have stuck with the milkshake instead. And they say changes are good.


So yah, what's my lesson number two. After the mad rush just yesterday, I was determined not to be late ever ever again even for work because all this running and huffing and puffing is uhm..bad for health. And now that they have started to seriously gun down on people who are late with a swish of a report, I'd better get a hold of myself and not to take time for granted. STILL I managed to be almost late today. What the freak. I knew that the buses at the bus stop here have a problem of not showing up..not even one single freakin bus...to bring me to the station two bus stops away for at least ten minutes.


When they eventually showed up, I had less than 5 minutes to catch the train which always comes punctually at the specific times. Okay, so there's no point blaming the public transport when it is just me who is so freakin' lazy to show up to work at least 5 minutes before time. I don't know..just call me as one of those who hates to be categorised under the goody-two-shoes when it comes to being punctual. Coz to be punctual is to be boring.haha..Okaylah, I will seriously try my best to be early not because I want to have an impressive record with the bosses but to save me the trouble of running and worrying constantly over the time.


Lesson number three and four are quite short but it is a life lesson alright. Uhm...a bit the redundant information but I learnt that walking very fast and running at some point during the 'lateness' marathon in your new pair of heels is a big no-no. So what do I stand to get? A rather bad blister on the parts where there were vigorous rubbing between the heels' denim fabric and my skin due to me attempting to run (so not working rahayu!). Anyway the conclusion for it? I managed to get to work at 8 oclock exactly which was not what I hoped to get but hey, is it 8.01? Nope. And what time am I supposed to be at work? 8am. So technically, you can't fault me! haha....dont mind me, I get a little crazy all the time after all that running to get to work on time.



And last but not least, my new mantra which becomes my lesson number four. While going without my mp3 player on the train after work, which sucked coz I cant drain the voice of other passengers, I did some thinking while standing up to kill time. You know i've been plagued by my weight gain issue which people don't notice but on my part, I do lah and most prominently, my tummy. So I have been getting so self conscious of myself that practically anything that I wear, I find myself looking fatter. Anyhoo, of course i am desperate to change for I don't want my life to be plagued by my low self esteem. Sooner or later, it is going to pull me down and I only have one life to lead.


Therefore, I declare that my new mantra is 'I am a confident young woman'. This seems to be a very simple mantra and shouldn't confidence already be part of me so long ago in order to get through life with ease? Nope. Not in my case. Somehow, that mantra does work. Whenever I chant that to myself, instantly I find that I carry myself better. I also feel less self conscious because I feel that as a confident young woman, I don't let such small things get me down. If having a bloated tummy will pull down my confidence, then I must do something about it like regular exercise and eating right in order to REGAIN back my confidence level. If I want to wear something to look good, I must also make sure that it is not a piece of clothing that will not make me so self conscious that I have to do a lot of 'double takes' in the mirror. It must be something that makes me feel good and more confident. After that, I should not let myself be so self conscious and try to maintain my self confidence instead in order to maintain the feel good aura in me.


See! There's so many things that we can learn in life whether it is drastically changing our life directions or something simple that we can easily remember and follow. It's just whether you are open enough to receive them and make sure you don't repeat ur past mistakes or you learn to take it easy a bit because what's the point of worrying too much or caring about what people have to say if it onlie leads to one thing: unhappiness. If it brings you down, or infact anybody else tries to bring you down, it's time do an overhaul and see if you need to make any changes that will take away the pain or sadness. Rather than you concentrating on the negative side, maybe it's time to think about what you can do to stop feeling so down in the pits anymore.


I know that life can be so hard and I can find myself struggling too. But I also know that other peole are not exactly problem-free either lets me wake up and smell the coffee. For no one's life is perfect but full of ups and downs. Anyway, tomorrow Im doing an overhaul on my lifestyle especially the eating aspect. Okay, I've mentioned this so many times before but there is always something that gets in the way and spoil my chances. However, after that new mantra of mine, I won't let things get in my way of my self confidence. If I can change it, I will change it and not make me live a life of anger and despair for being stuck in something I don't want to be in. Haiz...this is easier said than done but like in my new mantra 'I am a CONFIDENT young woman'..hehe...I can do it..go rahayu!

Comments

Popular Posts