Death's Lessons

How DO you deal with the issue of death? For me, I wish I can run away from it but it is an issue where we have to actually prepare ourselves because death...is unavoidable. When the Hospice Care set up a website chronicling the last hours of a terminally ill cancer patient under their care and that we, as the audience, can view them via the internet, I thought that was sick. You're supposed to hold on to any hope left and wish that there will be a miracle because miracles do happen. You can't be wishing for the worst..like come on, there IS such a thing as a miracle cure you know!!! You can't just give up like that! What are you trying to teach people here..that we should ALL be looking forward to death and hear what the doctor said that three months to live means three months to live. They're not God you know!


But...when I think about the whole issue, I guess it is also teaching us that there IS such as a thing as death and when we go, we're not just leaving the world. We're leaving our loved ones behind too. But are we gonna leave behind a big mess that they have to clean it up which stop them from continuing living their life in peace? We've heard stories of the wives who never worked before are suddenly thrown into the world of dilemma when they have to think about their children's survival. Then also about how one may have to cope with the loans that the spouse left behind and suddenly, there is too much of it to handle that they are struggling to even put food on the table.


I know that death is something that we cannot predict and anytime we can leave this world behind. But if I 'go', I want to make sure that my family can still cope well financially and that my brother can still continue with his education. Sure people say that I can always opt for insurance so that they can at least pay for basic necessities. But you know how hard insurance companies can be before they release the money so at least for now, I want to continue saving for an emergency fund and if I am ready, I will get myself an insurance for the sake of the family. And then meanwhile I don't want to get involved in so many loans whether they're big or small unless the loan is absolutely necessary and not just to increase my standard of living. Our materialistic demands are only lasting while we are still on the face of the earth and if we cannot handle the loans, then don't opt for it. For myself, I don't want others to suffer because of my own selfish deeds.


And of course, I don't want to cause any hurt to them so when I have to leave the world, they won't be wishing over how things could have been better between us by trying to make things right while Im still here. We're all human beings full of imperfections so if we can let go of bad feelings, then let it go. It's not point being resentful of others when it is causing ourselves grievous hurt that we're always in anger and frustration because we're not willing to surpass them and live our lives fully.


But while death is unavoidable, thinking about them every now and then can make us thankful that we are still breathing every precious second. We only live once so dont let others stand in our way and we try our best to accomplish what we want to accomplish without postponing them to the neverending tomorrow. Coz we'll never know if we ever get to see tomorrow again. I myself do think that Im wasting my time on earth sometimes like what the heck am I doing here for. Im sorta am stuck at a crossroad right now and I dont want know where else to turn. For now, I try to listen to myself on what I want to do that will be of beneficial to me and bring me closer to my happiness. I don't want my life to be controlled by an idealistic society if it is not gonna make me any happier.


We all deserve a fresh new beginning in this fresh new month before the start of a new year. All the best...

Comments

Popular Posts