Past Transformed

Who knew the world is so small...I remembered growing up watching game shows, teen dramas, teen comedies, cartoons....like as if my world revolved around the television. There isn't much difference from my life today. Now it is mainly revolving around the internet..heh..Okay, I actually like to look up through google for some familiar names that I remembered from my past. And these past few days, I recalled this movie I 'made' in my head during my bored moments back in those days and they were very clear in my mind. I even remembered the 'actors' playing in that movie of mine but the only thing was that these faces were stuck in that period of time. Clearly they would have changed since that time was around 1993 to 1995 compared to the present day 2007. Look, even I changed....uhm....to become sloppier than I was before..and more starkingly different is that I no longer wear my braid so long they touched my waist. Ever since then I had kept my hair very short or until my shoulders and more recently, I have decided to keep my hair long a little bit past my shoulders because I don't look as chubby faced as before where having hair that long was an impossible mission. Of course having them short didnt do any justice to me either. Tsk, just be happy I have hair okay? sheesh....


Anyway, my good ol' trusty google gave me some great discoveries despite the initial setbacks coz I had to seriously retraced my past to attach a name to one of the characters. I could only remember him as having this blond hair and nice dark deep set eyes and after quite a while, I finally found him on the net! Well, he definitely didnt look like himself back in the early 90's where he had this typical jock look and a hot teen sensation. Now he looks more matured and serious looking at the age of 31 with a typical lead character look. Well, back then he looked rather pudgy like some rugby player though still hot and now he's lean and hunky looking. Haiz.....who knew they would outgrew their cuteness. If you want to do an internet search on who this guy is..his name is Mark-Paul Gosselaar. I could only remembered his name as Mark Something but now that I know his surname is Gosselaar, no wonder I had a hard time recalling it!


The other one is pretty easy to remember. Sean Maguire. Aah...yes.....a pop sensation back then in the early 90's too where yours truly was still a young teen wishing that one day, she would marry an ang moh like him. However, he was not quite high on my list...dunno why...but I liked his songs back then. I thought later he would be a dud because his pop career didn't really take off after the few songs but since he started off as an actor in one of the long running soap operas in Britain, he had something to fall back on. And fall back he did because when I 'googled' him and expecting satisfactory returns, well this guy is actually going places! He has actually made a mark in LA being one of the stars in a cbs drama.


Okay, why I said the world is small in the opening of my entry is that firstly, Mark-Paul was an actor in season 9 to 12 of NYPD Blues till the last show as the partner of the show's original lead character. Well, this was the very show that made my 'man of the moment forever and ever..till death do us part' David Caruso famous though he only appeared in Season 1 until he was reported to have some freakin attitude (eurgh...the nerves..these people have nothing better to gossip about!) and was the original partner.


Oh and Sean Maguire? Oh my...this guy not only maintained his charming good looks (which I didn't understand why he was not quite hot in my books), he has evolved into such a hot freakin hunka-mamma of a guy even though throughout the 90's, he was pretty scrawny. Infact Sean, he is by far the most transformed beyond recognition good looker I think, while others seemed to have digressed a bit including Mark-Paul who now looks older and not really as good looking than he was back then when he had this more charming and playful prankster kind of looks. Plus I think he looked better when he was a natural striking blondie than a brunette coz that colour is so common but maybe he is just trying to be just that. I almost could not recognise Sean but one of the things that made me seal the stamp of 'yup! thats him alright!' is his pair of deep set eyes and a smile that will make a girl's knees all wobbly in one staring moment. Now this guy is staring in the show called The Class. Okay, I have heard of the show but I think that was about it and hailing from England and making it huge in La La Land must be one heck of a journey! Oh, and considering his songs, though catchy...his voice was so uhm...too ordinary and boring..but I guessed he might have excluded his singing career from his acting resume. Yet another resemblance to yes..the ever gorgeous for eternity..David Caruso..is that The Class is part of the CBS network and so is CSI:Miami. Now the latter show is..you know..my all time favourite which has just concluded its fourth season in Singapore. The US is showing the first few episodes of the fifth season with a new CSI investigator who is having a rocky relationship with the rest of the CSIs. Okay I know im digressing here!


Infact, let me..rahayupopz...show you what I meant by his HUGE transformation. Okaylah, maybe not that huge and Im just exaggerating. But like I said, he does not change his charming good looks that much unlike the rest of the stars back then in the early 90's who now look like the daddies that they are than the dudes that they were. I used to wonder back then how these guys would look like in the future such as whether they would turn out to be fat, ugly and balding or more manly gorgeous looking. Well, Sean has aged well. Mummy's proud of you!









Comments

Popular Posts