New System

HAizZz....


I made an ultimate sacrifice just now. I had to sacrifice my more than a year of photo collections and darn it rahayu, why the heck you never made a back up?! Hrmph...dats why Im so anti-laptop. Like what I told my friend..'lawa tapi tak guna!' translated to pretty but useless! YES I KNOW..it's compact and you can bring it everywhere. But no matter how you twist and turn the story..I will still stay firm on my anti-laptop stand..and yet, Im typing on one now. I don't hate them really and it's still computer no matter what. The thing that I don't like is....the lifespan is not very long and you don't have to wait for it to reach 'maturity' and already you may experience problems. Like mine for instance..


Okay, maybe it was partly my fault too because I didn't do regular housekeeping as Im not too bothered by it since it has a big memory space. I spend most of the time on my desktop. The only kind of housekeeping I do is to clear the disk space every now and then which I thought was good enough already.


Aiyah..whatever lah. Let bygones be bygones. But when recalling my harrowing experience with my laptop yesterday, it was me hard at work. Im not that good with computers but knowing how expensive computer repairs can cost, and Im SO not gonna pay exorbitant amounts on them, I had to force myself to open the BIOS system and read the technical jargon to reboot the system. As much as I did not want to reboot because I would definitely lose all my precious data from the affected drive, it was something that I just HAd to do if I want to save my laptop..but there was a problem. My laptop just REFUSED to boot despite my saved configurations which frustrated me even more. I just envisioned myself going down to the pc clinic..and sighz..make them do the costly operation on it. But I don't want to end up like my friend who reboots her laptop on a regular basis which little miss geek here says that you shouldn't be doing because it will make the system worse off. Yet another secret let on by miss geek just for my blog readers. So PLEASE...take care of your laptop by not downloading unnecessary stuffs and only download from reliable sources such as download.com or tucows.com.



Okay to cut the story short, I finally understood how to go about solving this problem from the good ol' internet but even then, there were problems encountered but I tried to troubleshoot them whenever I can so that I am able to find the exact solutions to the problem on the net. So now..even though I sighed in the initial part of this entry, I am at the same time relieved that I was able to solve the problem myself with some help from the internet without requiring any expensive technical help coz you know ah how precious money is to me..haha. My system is finally able to boot and everything was back in order except I had to start from scratch lah because my lappy will be configured to the factory settings. So I would like to tell myself....


IM PROUD OF YOU RAHAYU for not giving up! hehehe....yup, thats the whole purpose of this entry as well as to remind myself to PLEASE back up the bloody data from now on as and when I can. Tsk, now have to go get blank cds...alah, same thing what...I still need to spend some money. Yes yes..complain complain..

Comments

Popular Posts