Fun with Codes

having stomach cramps but so far, my threshold of pain is pretty okay. in the past two days, I started with my field work. gawd im so tired and my back felt like it is in need of some good massage as im trying to get used to sitting on a kiddie chair for MORe than an hour. That's right. crouching over a small table and sitting on a small chair with me trying hard to have my back as straight as possible but at times, i bent down without realising it. okay, and there was this mad rush back to office which I saw no point but because we didn't want to get into trouble and I don't want any of those report writing crap, we returned to office despite our return being only 5 minutes before our end of work time. Pfft.....


forget about work. I dont want to have one more stress-related physical pain.


so what does rahayu do to relax her body and soul? tsk..as if you don't know..tinkering on my pc keyboard la! okay, besides that...yesterday, as my mood became less foul and I wanted to keep my time occupied by doing MY thang, i decided to change my ringtone. yes, what is the bloody terrific thingey about that since almost everyone personalises their phones nevermind if their choice of ringtones can kill people within a radius of 100m. seriously, my office colleagues need to get a life. or at least get a decent ringtone.


well, my ringtone is special...besides 'it' being a reflection of my personality..above all, free. yet again what is so great about that since we can always get a free ringtone via bluetooth capabilities. well, I had to 'work' the miniature part of my brain which is the i.t. section and then yesterday, I think they may have found out the existence of freeloaders like me because I found it a bit harder and harder to tweak the codes. okay, so I may not know all the technical jargons that they wrote which might have taken them a few years to master back in their school of I.T. wizardry while my background knowledge..is..uhm....does surfing the net counts? heh..and no, Im not a genius either. yet i amazed myself at times on how the heck I managed to outdo them in their (lame) bid to protect their ringtone files from the freeloaders. I came across variations and still, I can somehow manage to extract the relevant codes and then download for my own free use.


so it has become like a 'high' for me whenever i outdid them and oh, by the way..these sites are not amateur sites and I wont be revealing my trade secrets..hehe..it's too complicated that even I myself have to seriously think over again especially after a few months of not doing it which is a culmination of various techniques but basically, they're all about the tweaking of codes. im not ringtone or message tone crazy coz i don't see the huge importance in it and no..im not an attention seeker either. gawd..yesterday was a real test and I wanted to almost give up coz I thought they finally hired some people or some company to come up with a series of brain-numbing codes of letters and alphabets all squeezed together and all linked up together. but I wanted that ringtone so much and even though another site had the same one and it took me like..pfft...less than a minute to keep it for good, it became a battle of 'wits' to see if I could outdo their long strings of undecipherable codes to get what I want as a sign of victory.


after an hour of trial and errors plus deep thinking and deep furrowing of my eyebrows...and a trip to the loo...I finally got it! Wahey! they thought that they could distract me by making me 'think' that they have uploaded the file on to their own server but not in any general web server which could mean it would be the end of the 'battle' for me since there is no way I can access their server. but after almost an hour...and i wanted to flag my defeat, don't know how but out of nowhere, i finally figured out the missing link to their string of codes after analysing a few series of them to see if there is any pattern I can find. then hoping once again it will work, after seeing it connecting..and then connected on my media player...there was one thing I knew clearly of already. I WON THE BATTLE! bwahahahaha..!!!!!


i felt like im in a battle of wits except that there is no competitor here and half the time, i don't know what the heck the codes meant. maybe if i only knew what they meant, imagine the things i can do with them like designing new softwares and new programmes and then be on par with the computer hackers. for now, im just complacent..hehe...despite the advise of a friend who is a skilled individual in the I.T. field to read and learn things like javascript and certain computer programming which can increase my level of knowledge since I have the interest and the ability.


but im lazy and no..i havent been doing any thinking to finally embrace the 'dark' side..hehe..and that is to become a true computer geek. i just like figuring out the usage of the codes, how they are connected, how they function and etc and then tweaking the written codes for my own personal usage or to see if I can successfully bypass the 'protected content'...haha..yeah right..protected content. basically just for cheap thrill. what the hell are these codes? they are actually a series of instructions or a form of computer language written by a fellow human to a computer to tell it to do what what he wants it to do. By the way, this do not just pertain to ringtones, k? This one is just a sideline la but many other times, Im just learning for web design purposes . To tell you the truth, codes are boring stuffs. It's sometimes a lot of work to do all the coding but most times, the end result is what matters. It is also like being one of those backstage crew responsible for the sounds, the lights and all the other things and all the hard work put in just to make the show successful and glitch-free. However, we don't expect to be given star treatment like the actors or actresses on the stage. But then we hardly got the appreciation some more since we were working behind the scenes anyway.



so this may be my niche...but it will be one of those abilities which im keeping mum about except on this blog not because i dont want to be labelled as nerdish or computer smart. but more importantly, i think i have had enough of being asked for help many times but then forgotten quickly later like im some convenient helpline desk. seriously i have got nothing against helping others but not when im being taken advantage of. besides, it's more fun being called blur sotong or clueless :)

Comments

Popular Posts