Hair Raising Issue

I watched deal or no deal..the game show which has hit our Singapore shores. Im not as interested as this as the f1 racing sports because we..are about to..be the host of a bevy of gorgeous men! woohoo!!!!! You will probably see me hanging around Marina quite often in September where the race will take place. Anyway about the show. Just now it was down to either $1 or $50 000 if she was to move on. That means not to make a deal. But! She had an offer by the 'bank' to get her suitcase which they claimed the banker had no idea how much is inside her first chosen suitcase (yeah..pfft..right).


You know what I thought? I thought she should not have made a deal coz...it was a bloody trick! But the mum saw 'stars' the minute she heard personally from Adrian Pang that the banker's offer was much higher than the previous offers. It was a trick dammit if they had bothered to read up the internet. The banker 'offered' the amount of $11 k which was a few thousand higher than the previous offer to dupe her into taking the money coz if the offer was 'good' or a much better one later on in the game than the next previous offer, it would seem like an offer too good to be missed. But seriously taking up an offer that is not even one third of $50 k, girl you made a wrong move just coz you're scared you'll end up with a briefcase cointaining the $1! Not surprisingly, should she chose to move and the banker made the next offer, it would be $27 k which was slightly more than half of the $50k. NOW that's a deal but noOOoo...she stopped at $11 k.


But that's the beauty of the game. It's all or nothing. But woman....should have just moved on with the game....gah...you're there to win in the first place so just carry on! I still felt some research done could have helped her understand the game better.


Anyway, that is me introducing the next big game in Singapore so if you have the time, just catch the show every Wednesday at 8.30pm to see how many more stupid decisions are being made.


Okay, enough about that. I originally intend to tell about some good news that my father is entitled to get some $500 to offset the GST price hike in July. It's enough to top up his giro account for future payments which will help me quite a lot since for the past two months, I had been helping to pay the town council the conservancy fees out of my pocket money as the giro account is almost depleted. But for now, it can also replace the money I used to buy his medicine just now which was almost $50. I mean Im not complaining coz it's just a monthly thingey and this isn't the first time I bought his medicine. It's just that the money will be rolled over to cover up the family's expenses for at least a few days.


But then again, I could just squeeze in a pair of shoes and a top from the GST package my father is about to receive...heh. I went to URS just now to basically look look see see even though I have like a pair which I have not worn coz so 'sayang' or so precious to me. Then again, so is a few more others that I seldom wear to 'preserve' them..haha.



Still, I have to weigh the pros and cons again or at least, come across a good offer or something because Im not about to forget about my financial lesson I just painfully learnt. Damn tough being a chick. To control shopping..gawd..and having to maintain long hair.


Actually, my hair texture has been improving a lot lately and has also naturally volumnised ever since I found the right combination of hair products and how long to use for each one of them as well as the correct method of using them. NOw this is after a long period of trial and error. I dont have straight hair but a slightly naturally wavy hair which can become one heck of a big mess. Im not into hair gel or hair wax like how I used to slap them on or I wont step out of the house and Im not into regular visits with the hair salon for some monthly therapy. I have not also chemically treated my hair so it's still a natural black colour.


In other words, Im not about to make my life difficult having to maintain coloured hair or treated hair. After this winning combination, now I can slowly put the idea of treating my hair at the back of my mind for now because as much as possible, I want my hair to be in its natural looking. Im not against putting my hair through treatment therapy for a smoother and sleek look but after seeing more than a few hundred heads..or should I say the rest of the vain female population...I dont think I want to. Yes they look way neater and the way I see it also, I dont even have to worry about the wind messing up with my hair because it will sleek right back to before it kena blown.


But seriously, the other women's hair..they dont look natural. To me, it felt like their hair has no life or that they were putting on a wig. Even if their hair has been coloured and permed nicely with these little twirls at their hair ends, they still dont look natural to me. Reminded me of Goldilocks with her bouncy gold locks (that looked like a wig) as she pranced through the three bears' house.


Dont even let me go into those women who went for eyebrow threading or worse..tattooing. What the hell were they thinking?! Now they either look like they have non existent eyebrows OR a pair of GREEN stained eyebrows which I supposed is the result of a botched job from a non qualified neighbourhood beautician. You can spend hundreds of dollars..or even thousands..to get the job done and feel more beautiful which can also include slimming down to near perfection like those mannequins on display. But seriously, doesnt everyone know that we dont have to be so perfect with such nice coloured permed or straightened hair that is risk free from the wind and with a petite figure that lacks curves that actually give our body some definition? Man, we're turning into an army of clones here!


Seriously, if they are doing it for the men who prefer their women to be of this size or with a long flowy hair coz it makes them more feminine...get yourself a life man! OR better still, get yourself a new man! Stop losing your uniqueness and your own identity by copying the looks of others from the hairstyle all the way to the way they dress up. It's not wrong to follow the in crowd but dont have to follow them to a T. Make yourself stand out from the rest by letting your personality shine through as well.


For now, I like my better looking hair and may eventually refrain from 'chopping' it all off for the sake of convenience. I know all this while I dont have straight hair but has a wavy one but seriously, the wavy streaks seldom made any appearance and that my hair never had a good shape until now once I started a strict regime on it. Well, putting in a bit of effort to maintain the current looks wont kill me I guess. Plus, with the compliments I have been getting about how much better I look like right now with longer hair, I guess I should hang on to it I suppose. Many thanks to the beauty magazines I have borrowed and the tips from Mariah who seems to know everything about beauty. Cant blame me..if it aint geek related, Im clueless..hehe..



I took this picture just now. It helps now Im trying to get into the habit (again..) of slapping on moisturiser and sunscreen lotion to get a healthier and shine-free look. So I dont always end up zombie-like knowing how late I often sleep almost every night.


me with a bevy of beauties at my workplace taken in dec 05. No I will never reach their level until now coz Im not as high maintenance as them. They're way too up there. I prefer being ordinary looking than to stand out from the crowd.


But you know what I think? I still stick to my believe that it's how you learn to work the imaginary runway carpet with oozes of self confidence.


Or at least take a better picture of yourself.



Hrm, as I was looking through some photo, I came across this:



Wow..look more beauties. Wonder how they are. Been yonks since I last met them and seems that they may just turn up at Nat's house next weekend where she holds our gathering. Never asked her who is coming but then again, we lost touch with one another so long already that it doesnt really matter to me who is coming and who is not. Hey..isn't this supposed to be a happy story about my hair?! Sorry..distracted.

Comments

Popular Posts