Gadget Geek

Wow...now I have upgraded myself from being an amateur computer geek..to...a gadget geek. Like why cant I be the next trendsetter or something..gah!! Okay, why this wail of nonsense..uhm..I just repaired my mp3 player which was not in working order for the last two weeks because I cannot take it anymore! Well, I converted my phone into a temporary mp3 player but everytime my mum calls..at times like 5 in an hour..and I had to plug out tat damn earphone..arggh! It's insanity I tell ya! I'll be imagining myself singing the song in a music video and only to have it cut short by mum's calls to check out my location the minute I step in and out of the train station and the bus so on and so forth after signing off from work. You know..her ability to judge my time is very the scary..


So there I was trying out the mp3 player again and yet the same prob crops out where even the reset button failed to work and my computer could not even detect it. That's it..out goes my set of screwdrivers (yes I have my own set..) and took the right size for the screws and tried my best to slowly pry open the shell. I figured out that the only way to set it working is not to reconfigure the wires and what have it..but rather..my thought was that maybe the battery had been knocked out of the circuit board a bit. When I finally got behind the shell, didnt seem out of the ordinary but still holding on to that thought, I pressed the battery hard and also found that the sides where this thin metallic tray that hold the battery seemed to be a bit bent out. It was soft enough for me to press down the bits of tray at the sides so that it would meet the sides of the battery and everything seemed evened out now. There was only one tiny wire at the top and I was pressing that bit too in case the wire was a bit loose.


It was the best that I could do without further damaging the damage done. I tried to reconnect it to the computer with the wire before putting on the shell yet..and guess what? I finally saw that the computer had accepted it and the power icon appeared. WOOHOOO!!!!! I checked out the internal drive and all my files were in it but the battery power was so weak I could not check on it so had to wait for the next half hour to test it out again. And it can work!!!!


So I screwed the shell back and had a big grin across my face. Then it strucked me. Im a total geek! And yesterday I was denying this fact when Natasha was asking if I could help her upload the photos from her digicam coz she didnt know how to do it. And uhm..that camera was bought the beginning of last year and until now she had no idea about it coz she was hoping I could teach her. Well nats..yesterday, this whole geek affair thing didnt go out with my outfit. Although..I must say..i'd rather be called a geek than a slut.


Anyway, this isnt the first gadget I've ever repaired. But let's stick to just one genre of geekness shall we? Welcome back my darling mp3 player aka MrsJensen!


Comments

Popular Posts