Skip to main content

Gadget Geek

Wow...now I have upgraded myself from being an amateur computer geek..to...a gadget geek. Like why cant I be the next trendsetter or something..gah!! Okay, why this wail of nonsense..uhm..I just repaired my mp3 player which was not in working order for the last two weeks because I cannot take it anymore! Well, I converted my phone into a temporary mp3 player but everytime my mum calls..at times like 5 in an hour..and I had to plug out tat damn earphone..arggh! It's insanity I tell ya! I'll be imagining myself singing the song in a music video and only to have it cut short by mum's calls to check out my location the minute I step in and out of the train station and the bus so on and so forth after signing off from work. You know..her ability to judge my time is very the scary..


So there I was trying out the mp3 player again and yet the same prob crops out where even the reset button failed to work and my computer could not even detect it. That's it..out goes my set of screwdrivers (yes I have my own set..) and took the right size for the screws and tried my best to slowly pry open the shell. I figured out that the only way to set it working is not to reconfigure the wires and what have it..but rather..my thought was that maybe the battery had been knocked out of the circuit board a bit. When I finally got behind the shell, didnt seem out of the ordinary but still holding on to that thought, I pressed the battery hard and also found that the sides where this thin metallic tray that hold the battery seemed to be a bit bent out. It was soft enough for me to press down the bits of tray at the sides so that it would meet the sides of the battery and everything seemed evened out now. There was only one tiny wire at the top and I was pressing that bit too in case the wire was a bit loose.


It was the best that I could do without further damaging the damage done. I tried to reconnect it to the computer with the wire before putting on the shell yet..and guess what? I finally saw that the computer had accepted it and the power icon appeared. WOOHOOO!!!!! I checked out the internal drive and all my files were in it but the battery power was so weak I could not check on it so had to wait for the next half hour to test it out again. And it can work!!!!


So I screwed the shell back and had a big grin across my face. Then it strucked me. Im a total geek! And yesterday I was denying this fact when Natasha was asking if I could help her upload the photos from her digicam coz she didnt know how to do it. And uhm..that camera was bought the beginning of last year and until now she had no idea about it coz she was hoping I could teach her. Well nats..yesterday, this whole geek affair thing didnt go out with my outfit. Although..I must say..i'd rather be called a geek than a slut.


Anyway, this isnt the first gadget I've ever repaired. But let's stick to just one genre of geekness shall we? Welcome back my darling mp3 player aka MrsJensen!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...