Great Review Mag

Great. I'm D's helpline even if Im not outfield. I remember him going to me if he needs help with his scheduling like begging to finish at a certain time in order to make his pick up of equipments run more smoothly knowing other teams may either have some problems with their replication or uploading of data or simply quite slow. So if he can 'beg' me to finish at a certain time, which he knows I can and how my team can pretty much handle replication problems through trial and error basis, he will do that to me. Besides, other teams will probably give him hell if he tries to beg coz that will mean hurrying them up. Well..what makes you think I dont feel the pressure?!! Still I dont promise him anything coz I would say that it's not my problem if he got other duties to do so he wants me to hurry up..heh...but he never takes me seriously! The nerves...and he will come at the time he had wanted me to finish up. AND Im also his informer if the teams are ready for his laptop collections on Thursday even though they will contact him once they're done but he justs wants an estimation from me before he comes up. Then Im also where he will try to 'beg' again if can finish the downloading at the main headquarters earlier if he has something urgent to attend to...and Im also where he looks for to find the contact number of certain colleagues if he is not able to call through their team phones. Gawd....go to your beloved aunties la! Im sure they are more than willing to help.


Anyway, now I dont really feel that I missed out on much during my attachment there. Kinda starting to enjoy my time there even though just now I had plenty of time to waste since there was very low turnout of patients. I've said about reading articles from this magazine called PCAnswers which is a UK magazine but is chokeful of information including links to useful softwares that can help to 'up' a bit on our pc's security without having to resort to forking out money unnecessarily plus any other things. Most of them are free coz this magazine tries to think of their readers on tight budget and if there is a need to pay like the obvious hardwares toys or even those fancy softwares, they will give an estimation of how much the reader is expected to pay.


And one of the best features of this magazine is their reviews of certain laptops, pcs, cameras, printers and etc because not only do they give an honest one, they also give a good comparison between the product and the market range of requirements if they fall back on them or exceed them so that you know you're paying for the right things and not for just the fancy things. Thanks to them, now I know what is the best computer chip that we should have for a faster processing time and that there are actual two leading brands out there..Intel and AMD. Plus, during their review of a budget camera, they also let us in on the minimum requirements for a good digital camera to produce a decent picture (and we're not talking just about the megapixels here..where you find out here depends on the camera's other features like the ISO speed and the white balance. there should be a good balance in order to maximise the potential megapixels).


In other words, I think that before you go out and find that dream digital camera of yours, do your product research first. Don't aim for 'common knowledge' like the higher the megapixels, the better. The bigger the LCD screen the better...or the higher the megapixels but the lower the cost the better or the more expensive the better..coz sometimes, it can be a gimmick. They will never place the shortcomings of the products on the display card lah obviously so if you can get hold of internet access, you should do a product research on the cameras that you want to purchase and see what other reviewers have to say. You should do a comparison between other products and see where they stand against one another. Doesn't mean the brand name is good, their products across the range are good either. One may even work better than the other even though it is less pricey because you're basically not paying for the aesthetics but the real deal.

Check out my next entry on what to look out for when buying a digital camera!

Comments

Popular Posts