Skip to main content

Off to the Doc

Well well well.....someone's got a windfall. But since she treated me out last Saturday, I should just do the honour and treat her back but this time, it will be at Breeks coz I love pasta. They're better tasting than bee hoon and healthier than yellow mee and kway teow even though I hate bee hoon. Well, it's a health thing..dont ask.


Anyway, I FINALLy went to the doctor to get medicine for my never ending cough. I swear if this thing is left untreated for yet another week, my respiratory system is gonna collapse soon. And oh, my mum threatened me saying that if I dont go the doctor, forget about entering the house. But the thing that spurred me to see the freakin doc was because my left side of the face was starting to get numb and swollen and I even developed a bit of migraine in the afternoon on the left side too. It brought me back the memory of suffering another form of side effect from a long period of illness similar to this one which ended up with me having a bad skin breakout that made me run to my family doctor. Pathetic, I know. This time, I think it's just the side effect of coughing way too much and mind you, every cough brings pain to my chest because of the phlegm which caused me to cough quite badly. It's still numb now even though it's just from my left ear down to the cheek that putting an earphone inside it makes it quite painful like as if I stuffed a durian seed instead.


BY the way, i told my mum that she gotta let me out this coming Saturday because I promised my friend that I would treat her since she treated me the week before. She told me to go eat my medicine first or I end up coughing and coughing that day. Plus she also said she dont mind me going alternate week instead of every week coz i have a responsibility to the family as well. I told her about the up and coming bbq at Nat's house (yay!) and she has to let me go for this one as well.....I think her head is like spinning from the many appointments I am having plus next week there is one on Tuesday which I just told her just now. Okay! Yah im running a little tight on my schedule here so I get it if she's like gawd...didnt know my daughter is so 'popular' so if it's not this week, MUST be next week..what to do..I have a freakin social life!


Anyway, I got a bit more money this month but because of a painful lesson I just learnt on not to overspend on myself which almost left me penniless, i have to take a break this time. Dammit! And I was about to get that bloody Mango top! and the converse bag! ANd and..tsk, did I mention it's a painful lesson? But I try not to be too harsh on myself lah although I wont start buying something for myself too soon. I'll take it easy first and concentrate on my familys need but this time, Im not complaining. God gave me a second chance and Im not about to ruin it. Just give me the added strength as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...