Jail Time or Free Time

okay so Mariah dared me to message D because...........let's say he met with a weetle bit of incident..*sniggers*..he stepped on dog poo..wahahahaha!!! I just wanted to let go of that incident of which the information was supplied by my covering officer for the clinic duty when she came for attachment. On the other hand, I didnt want to act despo and wanted to perform my 'detention' at the clinic to a T. That means no messaging to D for a month! Wah, that sounds worse than telling my mum Im going out on a coming Saturday. But Mariah wanted to know his reaction..which I had predicted that he would deny (which he did actually) but didnt forsee that he would 'throw' it back at my face. I mean..the tit for tat thingey..not throw dog poo at me.


I could almost puke back all my breakfast of two curry buns and a packet of milo when he said that he didnt step on it and that she smelled wrongly. It came from his breath instead coz that morning he ate dog poo. Gawd!!! Can he be more grossed out than that?! Gaaaawwwdddd!!!!


Of course I know that he wont eat dog poo but the bloody impact of his freaking words got stuck in my head and I was like..pfft..what the hell?! I just had breakfast okay! His various 'stock laughs' text messages came barging towards me in his messages as we went back and forth with our messaging where he was thinking Im having a shiok or damn good time over at the clinic assuming Im so bloody free there and do nothing but shake legs. What the...I mean he had never visited the clinic before to deliver any items so he still doesnt quite get what we do there. Furthermore, he is new since he just joined this year. Still, to assume Im free?!! YOu think Im paid for nothing is it?!


Even before i said anything about boredom he already assumed I must be bored. I guess he heard me mention that word quite a lot of time during our convies back when I was in field like..I dunno..YONKS AGO?! Yes i know it has only been a few days since my attachment but it felt like forever...Well, that bugger was right so he kinda rubbed it in by saying that wah mz be shiok. Then added on with his third free 'let's teach Rahayu all the wrong things!' lesson time with him suggesting me to sleep first, then lunch time wake up and eat and then sleep again until knock off time. Wow..'thanks'...I'll send you the cheque for that suggestion once I converted this place into my father's company.


Well, it was still great fun jabbing that bugger since now Im so called quite free at times since there is a low number of children coming to the clinic after being referred as now is the exam period. But I dont want to pop the bubble yet coz from what I forsee, things are going to get busy after I looked through the future appointments and man...Im filled to the brim. Still, I don really feel that busy like back then when I was rushing like mad to finish up field work so that we can give the health reports on time to the school and then rush back to office. Even though I had to do four patients one after another just now coz they happened to finish..er..one after another for their eye tests, I didnt feel like I was doing some mad rush of a work. Maybe coz I did this friggin thing before last year at the other clinic as a covering officer as well as an officer on duty which was more rushing coz of the bloody hardworking receptionist who cant wait to get rid of every freakin referred children out of the clinic once they were done with the eye tests.



So now it is more in my own pace and well..if it is in that case..I can handle the stress better and more or less know how to handle the counselling sessions better too since there is lesser pressure on me to hurry up. Well...and I know what the hell to talk about since Im part co designer of the powerpoint slide presentation (oh what the heck...I designed the whole bloody thing) with the researched content in just a day so the presentation isn't a biggie to me. I also dont trip on my words easily as I present them with the facts or can answer their questions smoothly and am..proudly saying this..very the bilingual (like I say..my engrish and my melayu..no difference..sama2). Last year, I stumbled quite a lot as the information was still fresh in my head and that I just did research on it so I merely regurgitated whatever I learnt. Big topics such as the LASIK surgery, anatomy of the eye, cataract, glaucoma and whatever eye related stuffs even though these had nothing to do with kids. It's just the parents wanting free information since we dont charge at this clinic...pffftt...NOW you can say im not being paid enough for this!


Overall, it is still an okay experience for me to be attached at this clinic including sitting at the coffeeshop opposite the polyclinic drinking ice milo and listening to the conversation between an old couple and a friend of theirs. FUnny shit I tell you. Plus, I still need to get used to the stares I get from the kaypoh people in the neighbourhood during my round about trips at the shop areas. I swear they can smell a newbie a mile away.....


If there is one thing that I believe is worth complaining every square inch of my blocked nose is....the f**kin air con blowing at my face one metre away from me at 20 deg celcius and cannot be adjusted to any higher than that coz it makes no f**kin difference. Other than this, Im quite enjoying a bit of surreal time listening to my mp3 songs downloaded via a USB cable after I found the hidden USB ports on top of the computer under a pop up latch..heh heh..Still in the process, a series of youtube videos neatly optimized for storage into my mp3 player to be played on the windows media player on that pc during work.


Im still trying to adjust my time there only and also being in solitary moment in that room similar to a doctor's cubicle but this time can technically call it a room coz it is huge with a huge swivel chair for me as well. During my free time, I read a magazine brought from home and today brought a PCAnswers mag...the err..computer magazine for geeks which I can never thoroughly read coz I'll be busy tutoring my brother at home. SO now..I can take my time reading while waiting for the next patient or any other free time when there are no appointment listing for that hour. And I learnt a fair bit of interesting stuffs today which I cant wait to put into practise. Oh well, there's pros and cons to everything right?

Comments

Popular Posts