Sister's Dilemma

It's really really hard having a brother who just could not be bothered about the importance of his homework and his up and coming PSLE. It's really really frustrating to have a mum who keep on pressurising you to movitate and teach him while here I am struggling with the tiredness from work and keeping my eyes open. In the end, have to help him do his maths homework and science homework which he will deny their existence especially if it hinders him from having some leisure time for himself. That is despite repeated reminders to ask him to do his homework..over and over...and the little twit had the nerve to be frustrated at us for repeating because to us, we know that his homework is not THAT little and he always have last minute homework or corrections to do and guess who have to step in and sacrifice her crucial initial sleeping hours? Me!


Anymore pressure for him to do more of his homework which he does halfway especially if he hates doing some parts of it (malay homework is one of them) will only lead to more frustration from him and you just see the manner in which he does his homework. It's like every question, he will just take a glance and then make such a big commotion that everything is so hard and he will behave like he is so stressed out. I will be trying to assure him to just give it a go and anything, just call me. But if he's not in the mood to do the homework, trust me......you'll be glad to be talking to the wall instead.


I just hope that my mother doesnt keep one eye close and the other eye is focused on me instead. I cannot perform miracles on someone who cannot even help himself and to shake him off the world of his imagination and to wake up and see what the hell is in store for him in the future. It's like his mindset is still stuck in the past like back then in primary three or four. As far as I know, I try to take care of his studies and homework which is already taking a big chunk out of my rest time the minute I come back home from work with bags of groceries, a little meal time and just sitting down after standing in the crowded train. And another frustrating thing about my mum is that she just refuses to listen to anyone else and thinks that she is always right and that we are all the sinners or something. For myself, if you dont practise what you preach, seriously there is no point for me to listen to you but she's my mum. I cant be doing that to her. She will somehow twist and turn the 'story' and then make it against you and she will keep on harping on that even resorting to repeating and even taunting to make you stop whether or not shes wrong or you're right.


See my dilemma here? See why I am not able to sleep at a time when people are actually somewhere deep in their dreams? See why I am typing this blog after 2 am in the morning? After days of being at home, weekend plus the public holiday plus the two days he was on mc (unbelievable! he makes little effort..but he gets sick instead!)....NOW then he presented me with his incomplete homework. He called this 10 over bloody pages of incomplete homework...as a LITTLE bit left? He's seriously screwed...and Im seriously gonna strangle him the next time he does that to me..might as well I take the stupid exams instead which is next week, by the way.

Comments

Popular Posts