Skip to main content

Sister's Dilemma

It's really really hard having a brother who just could not be bothered about the importance of his homework and his up and coming PSLE. It's really really frustrating to have a mum who keep on pressurising you to movitate and teach him while here I am struggling with the tiredness from work and keeping my eyes open. In the end, have to help him do his maths homework and science homework which he will deny their existence especially if it hinders him from having some leisure time for himself. That is despite repeated reminders to ask him to do his homework..over and over...and the little twit had the nerve to be frustrated at us for repeating because to us, we know that his homework is not THAT little and he always have last minute homework or corrections to do and guess who have to step in and sacrifice her crucial initial sleeping hours? Me!


Anymore pressure for him to do more of his homework which he does halfway especially if he hates doing some parts of it (malay homework is one of them) will only lead to more frustration from him and you just see the manner in which he does his homework. It's like every question, he will just take a glance and then make such a big commotion that everything is so hard and he will behave like he is so stressed out. I will be trying to assure him to just give it a go and anything, just call me. But if he's not in the mood to do the homework, trust me......you'll be glad to be talking to the wall instead.


I just hope that my mother doesnt keep one eye close and the other eye is focused on me instead. I cannot perform miracles on someone who cannot even help himself and to shake him off the world of his imagination and to wake up and see what the hell is in store for him in the future. It's like his mindset is still stuck in the past like back then in primary three or four. As far as I know, I try to take care of his studies and homework which is already taking a big chunk out of my rest time the minute I come back home from work with bags of groceries, a little meal time and just sitting down after standing in the crowded train. And another frustrating thing about my mum is that she just refuses to listen to anyone else and thinks that she is always right and that we are all the sinners or something. For myself, if you dont practise what you preach, seriously there is no point for me to listen to you but she's my mum. I cant be doing that to her. She will somehow twist and turn the 'story' and then make it against you and she will keep on harping on that even resorting to repeating and even taunting to make you stop whether or not shes wrong or you're right.


See my dilemma here? See why I am not able to sleep at a time when people are actually somewhere deep in their dreams? See why I am typing this blog after 2 am in the morning? After days of being at home, weekend plus the public holiday plus the two days he was on mc (unbelievable! he makes little effort..but he gets sick instead!)....NOW then he presented me with his incomplete homework. He called this 10 over bloody pages of incomplete homework...as a LITTLE bit left? He's seriously screwed...and Im seriously gonna strangle him the next time he does that to me..might as well I take the stupid exams instead which is next week, by the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...