Skip to main content

Sleepless at Home

Yesterday I kept waking up in the middle of the night thinking about how am I going to survive the week. I've got very little money left & it is going to be hard for me.

I hate going through such unnecessary turmoil. I've mentioned a few times how this year is so hard for me. I even maxed out my credit cards (but which luckily only have a 500 limit). I half regret getting those cards coz it made me owe money unnecessarily which I dislike. But I've got no choice coz I faced severe financial difficulties this year despite my some boosts like bonuses and all. I have limited my use on them and will plan to pay all & eventually cancel at least one or two by first quarter of next year.

But you know how life has a funny way of giving you a glimmer of hope at times especially in times of need? Well it did. It wasn't much I would say but to me, it still means a lot to me. I got a 20 dollar hongbao from my colleague. Honestly, I didn't expect it from them. I was hoping to get from my ops manager coz he gave me one last year. But despite the many hints, he did not give me one. I suspect coz last month I borrowed money from him & I had yet to return. Instead my other two colleagues gave me & I think that it is so sweet :)

I also got a huge blackforest cake & I think it was nice of them to give me the cake wholesale. I shared it with my family and coincidentally my mum's birthday is tomorrow (technically that would be today). Honestly I hardly buy cakes as it is too pricey for a lot of fluff. But the last couple of years I did get at least one for my brother coz previously he complained I didn't get for him. Luckily polar cakes still sell reasonably sized cakes for less than 20. Of course I try to get one as cheap as I could get so namely I would get around 17 plus.

So anyway, I always think that when you are sincere at heart, God will help. Even if you don't believe in God, believe in yourself that things will slowly get better.
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld
Powered by Gee! from StarHub

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...