Letter to the Town Council

I was getting frustrated last week because I got another letter from the lawyer regarding outstanding payment for the conservancy fees. Why I was frustrated was because the last time I got such a letter, I almost paid all the payment, which let me to sacrifice not buying anything for myself except for a pair of shoes, which by the way, also made me realize that I can't wear covered shoes. That is another story.


Anyway, I could not deal with another of their  letter and with their uncalled for demands to make payment within 14 days that I just....I just had to write to them. I didn't want to think that I am one of those who refuse to pay even though they are capable of doing so. I wanted to tell them that I am behind payment because I simply could not keep up with them as I am financially disadvantaged. With the ridiculous amount that I am being charged every month for utilities, and that I am also a sole breadwinner who doesn't earn much, it's not something that I did on purpose.


So I wrote in to the Aljunied Town Council because I wanted to explain to them my situation. I didn't want to call because I don't think I would have the time to do so at work and I also wanted the right person to address the problem to me. Within a week, someone called back. At first I was beating myself up like why the heck I left my number. They are probably going to track me in terms of payment once this has cleared up and to monitor my payment status since now I am on their 'radar'.


But then paranoia aside, I felt that I had to just answer the damn call after switching it off the whole day in the next morning. I thought that I would just listen to what they say and see whether my situation is being taken care of.


Fortunately, the lady was kind enough to look into my case and sincerely see it as a genuine case. So they haven't decided to take legal actions against me when she checked. So I was safe in that sense. I knew very well that they would have no qualms taking me to court and making me liable of paying up to $1K which you and I know I just..can't. 


I know payment is payment but she was also kind enough to let me pay within my means without taking action against me. Well, being an aunty (I suppose..from the sound of her voice), she was being rather repetitive like come on, I get it already :S


Whatever. As long as the damn lawyers don't keep haunting me until I go mad and cause grief to my family. 


So my advice to you people who also face the same kind of financial situation like me, don't be afraid to seek help. If it is a really true genuine case that you can't pay because of some reason, do let them know or else they will always assume that you are being ignorant. Trust me, a lot of people are because they just want to skive off and not pay and they are trying their best to manipulate the system. Let them know you are not being like that.


With one less problem now, I have other problems in the line up that involves $$$. But there isn't much I can do for now but just hope that things will get better.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts