Skip to main content

Health 101: Dealing with Depression

I have dealt with depression a few times in my life. Two times it was so bad that I just cry so freaking easily like my eyes were made of water tap. I was depressed in terms of how I had been mistreated as a friend and another time was because I did very badly in my studies. Other times, it wasn't so serious but I still cried not because I wanted to let go of the sad feelings but thinking about them makes me very sad and tears just flow naturally.


With the stress in life and the demands that I sometimes can't cope, writing is one of the best ways to deal. However, writing is only a small aspect of it. It is a good way to distract myself and to let me sort out my feelings. But honestly, sometimes writing can make me even more miserable. A good thing that came out of it all is how people react to these feelings. Friends and even strangers give encouraging words. That was good enough to lift my spirits up momentarily. 


But the one that is going to help you most in dealing with depression, is basically your own self.


The thing about depression is that it can affect the quality of life greatly. Life has no meaning to it and you just don't feel like doing much in life because there is no point in doing so. That is what I felt recently. I felt that whatever I do, I just didn't do enough.


While we can't talk it out sometimes, like especially people who are introvert such as myself, this is where writing helps. I did say writing may or may not help but at least, it will tell people that you are not in the best of spirits and you need to seek help or be given encouraging words so that you don't act silly and by that, you should know what I meant. 


Depression for some people can be so severe that they may entertain thoughts of killing themselves to end their misery once and for all. But think of your family. You think that by killing yourself, everything ends? No! Your family has to pick up your broken pieces and in some circumstances, they will not be able to deal with their own life in the same manner again because they are forever carrying part of your misery which you have 'conveniently' left behind.


So please don't.


I leave you with an article about understanding depression, especially if you know of some people who are dealing with it and how to recognize the problem so that you can offer help before things get too late.


Understanding Depression


Nowadays, I try to deal with my depression by engaging in other activities such as my renewed love for blogging. I also try to clean my room and get rid of as many unnecessary junks as I can. I also dabble a bit in graphic designing, reading, making  photo montages and even er..helping my mum bake cookies.


If you believe in God, do know that He loves you. He is just giving you a test to see how far you can go especially in such times when we may forget His existence. But He doesnt just leave you in a lurch like that. Somehow, you will be given help, in small but meaningful ways throughout your test. 


Be strong because life is beautiful.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...