Skip to main content

Getting to Know You..Getting to Know ME

Let's do a fun post. That will be me diverting your attention away from talking about how life is so so so hard sometimes..haha.


I'm just going to write about random stuffs about me that you may or may not discover about when reading this blog.

Well, I am a generally shy person, which my friend attributed it to my Virgo sign but honestly, I don't follow the horoscope coz despite the many coincidences, I don't believe in it wholeheartedly just like I don't believe in fortune telling. 


But when I do open up, people find me generally a nice person and they just enjoy my company, talking to me and giving me stuffs. I don't know how and why but they just like doing so. I like to help people and also I treat people nicely so I suppose that's why people are like fine with me. 


Okay I think you heard of those stuffs again and again, haha. So that is just a tiny intro of...what are the OTHER stuffs you may not know.


Hrm, I think most Caucasian guys are handsome, haha. Shallow me shallow me..They have this sex appeal in them that I find very er..appealing. But that is where my so called obsession with them ends.  I don't go beyond that line like befriending them and stuff though it will be just nice to get to know at least one of them. Decent one, I mean, like a friend and not more than that.


But then I'm not the sort of girl who attracts guys, Caucasians or like wise? Coz I know men like their women to be of those whom they can converse with intelligently and not some silly ol' boring talk, haha. I'm not a great conversationalist. However, I do always am interested in what people have to say. I guess it's a gift.


The last time I went to a club was like more ten years ago? And that was when I celebrated my friend's birthday but honestly the atmosphere isn't for me, even ten years later. It was quite a quickie because I was out of there very fast. My friends are bringing me to one this Saturday, if I were to follow their clues correctly that is, and they're not the sort who club hop or go there quite frequently. I guess clubs are fun but as girls, we have to be on our tippy toes, if you know what I mean.


Oh, I think you would have known by now that I love me soap dramas. But I do get bored of certain storyline sometimes not coz I have other better and more interesting dramas to watch. It's just that I think the writers have lost their mo-jo. Not everyone can be a brilliant writer from start to finish.


I thrive on you tube every single day though I find that their recent enhancements to their players suck. It's not as friendly as previously. I find myself clicking on the pause button or play button twice to get it going.


Like every other girl, I love make up but I hardly wear them. Go figure. I basically collect them but have been very very good in the sense that I don't always get them. I try to go for the budget kind but not the ones found here in Singapore.


I like wearing denim skirts as opposed to denim jeans. The latter always make my thighs fatter.


My hair is constantly frizzy despite the many ways of taming them but I just have no time to straighten my usually wavy and messy hair. I use the Loreal frizz control which does work, to a certain extent and make my hair rather va-va-voom sometimes. So okay, at least there is one solution.


Whenever I go on courses held by my ministry, people ALWAYS assume that I am a swinging single. I don't know, maybe I gave away the vibes, haha.


I'm very supportive of human rights. I am appalled by how homophobic or how racist some people can be and I totally condone that. No one should go through the trauma of being bullied. No one has the right to say how we are supposed to live our lives. 


I'm constantly trying to  lose weight, and yes I know that is not something new here. But really, it is very frustrating. But I am going to try again and not be easily beaten and I'm not doing this coz I want to be thinner. I just want to be able to fit into my skirts well again. I don't like to carry extra fats around my hips and thigh. It's frustrating coz clothes are harder to fit in. Anyway, I have started to do something about it and hopefully by the end of the year I would be able to lose at least 3 to 5 kg for a start? If Patrick Stump of Fallout Boy can do it with purely diet and exercise, why can't I? I had done it once, why can't I do it again?


I like watching non mainstream movies which I either download or watch on you tube. Even if I don't get to watch the whole thing, but if I can watch snippets of it summarizing the whole thing, I am fine with it too. Not really into movies with big names in them.


I can be such a hopeless romantic. Who knew, right? Haha..Anyway, my idea of romance? Let's see. I like it when the attention is on me. I don't think I would like a guy to dictate what kind of things I should do or the clothes I should wear. I don't mind being around a guy who I can be comfortable me and not feel uneasy.


My dress sense? I know I can't wear those long flowy dresses because I don't think I'm that feminine enough to carry the look. I like to mix and match separates. If I were to wear a dress, normally I would wear with leggings or jeans. 

Oh, another new interesting fact. I know my pop culture pretty well as I follow up on them on a regular basis. Read: Every day. I know of movies and dramas way before they come on to our telly in Singapore and on cable. 




Okay, I guess that is pretty much what I can think of at the mo...




My next post will be a bit serious one but which I guess some of you are able to relate to as well. 


So what are your quirks?



follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...