Skip to main content

GoodBye D

So today is D a.k.a bugger's last day with us and tomorrow he will be off to another job. But to my knowledge, it is slightly different story. But when he was questioned by one of my colleagues..you know that kind of 'aunties'...he said that thursday (which is today) is his last day coz his so called new job is calling him to start work friday.


But when I messaged him and told him I wouldnt 'bully' him into repairing the socket (which he was jokingly complaining he is from mechanical engineering..not electrical engineering!) if i knew he was leaving that time..he said that he is not sure yet. Im like 'what?!' And he told me not to tell anyone that he may or may not be leaving but just try out this job first. So if he's okay with it, then Monday I wont see him anymore. But pfft....judging from the kind of workload he had to do for this job, I doubt we will all be seeing him next Monday. When he found out from me that we were planning on getting something from him, he was like 'no!! what if Im still around..pai seh!' I said I dunno....I didnt say anything and who told him to tell the wrong person that he confirm leaving when in actual fact he was not sure yet! Then he was like..how?...I told him then no choice next week he has to wear a paperbag over his head..PLUS! He can always give the gift to me coz I dont mind taking it anyway..haha..


He called me last night about 8 plus..which surprised me..and he asked if I knew the number of any of the members from a particular team. I was thinking..didnt i give him the other time...then he asked if I knew what school they are going to tomorrow coz apparently the previous school had been rescheduled and his schedule is not updated showing the new school. I didnt have the new copy too so I said I ask one of them and he told me to message him back. Then he asked me eh..why they are getting him a gift? Oh no..this again..I said I dunno..I didnt tell them anything even though I kept asking her if she was sure about it or not...then die die she was damn positive about it. SO now he will be embarassed if he didnt decide to take up this job and then come back to his current company. THen I said..I told you already what..wear a paperbag.


Well, like I said..whatever his conclusion is, definitely he will take up the new job. If not, then..well, Im more than glad to provide him with a paperbag.


ps: I may take his photo today for the sake of remembrance...and maybe put up on ebay or some online dating service.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...