Bad Lunches

Well, hello again. Guess what? Im starting to become a junk food addict but I think it's just a temporary case of me being under the stress of work. Coz it's only been a week since I was last out of the supposedly easier life at the refraction clinic. And Im craving for potato chips and chocolates and..and....argh...epok2! But then after I ate the potato chips, of which the health freak in me still had the decency to look for those trans fat free and with less fat content even though it is slightly more expensive, I forgot that Im not really a potato chips fan in the first place whether now or then..haha. It's the lure of the packaging I tell ya! It gave me a bleurgh aftertaste after eating a few...haiz..

Im seriously disappointed with my lunch meals the past few days even though I tried to make healthier food choices. I ended up eating vegetable dishes glistening with too much oil. And then fries as accompaniment to my grilled chicken foldover coz it would not make sense to buy just the foldover as the whole meal costs under 5 bucks only. Where else can you get cheap mcdonalds fast food meal except at the polytechnics?! And then dunno why..I asked for this noodle dish which was supposed to be bee hoon noodles but they gave me yellow noodles already blackened by too much black sauce and seriously oily that every bite tasted 'watery'.





Then back home, just as I was happy that okay..at least I dont indulge in yet another bad dinner my mum had started frying small epok2 or curry puffs. They are smaller than the usual curry puffs and whose pastry skins are not soaky with oil. Of course in my book, they are fried no matter how little my mum uses the oil but I cant say no coz she did leave some for me. Still I shared with them and they didnt mind even though my mum insisted that these curry puffs are 'okay' for me to eat coz they are so small. Plus it's pointless for me to eat just half of one curry puff like as per normal during the last time my father used to buy curry puffs for my brother.





Therefore gym time yesterday was tough for me coz I felt sluggish. My knees felt heavy and going into ten minute of workout was torturous enough but based on experience, I managed to push myself through half an hour for the cross trainer even though it was not my best timing. Oh whatever...Im just so pooped out coz of my poor diet that zaps me of energy, I suppose.




Still, it's not something that will bring me down easily. Im feeling a bit better now coz I started to clean my room that has been put on hold for almost a week coz of my lack of energy. And now that I had just finished eating a green apple, and drinking one whole pack of reduced sugar soya bean milk, Im slowly going back on track. Im not trying to be lame here by being all sucky about the food that I have been eating that to many others may not be such a big deal after all. And even true blue health freaks do give in to the occasional treats like the hawker fare such as char kway teow or oyster omellete (is that how you spell it) as long as they have a balanced diet and exercise. Or the next few days they watch what they eat to 'balance' off the last hawker meal that they had.





And you know what? It is true. It is not impossible to enjoy such treats instead of banning such food for life. Well, you can still do that but if it happens to be your fav and near impossible to give up that plate of chicken rice forever, dont fret. Im an advocate of that coz I cant just give up my love for food for over twenty years with just a snap of the fingers. So basically I still weighed the same but I have yet to lose the 10kg I was planning to lose from the start except the ones I gained last year. Anyway, I still have half a year more to go so I'll just take one day at a time.



So..sighz....goodbye junk food. It was nice getting to you all over again just now even if Im eating your version of fakies like fat free ice cream and no trans fat potato chips. Somehow my mind has been brainwashed already so....it wasn't exactly a happy reunion like drinking a diluted version of coca cola..haha. Oh well, better than nothing...but anyway, hello healthy lifestyle tomorrow..yet again *yawns*

Comments

Popular Posts