First Outfield Day

So..how was my first day outfield after being attached to the clinic for like a month? the screening went smoothly but it was the first time for the new girl to be attached to the team as an actual team member rather than just being attached to the other officers. As much as I would love to answer all her queries and guide her along the way, I could not afford to hand hold her all the way and she had to rely on what she had already learnt during her two weeks' attachment coz of the lack of time. But I also understand that the officers could not afford to train her that much either depending on their schedule like whether they were pretty tight or the children had lower response time a.k.a slow. I felt a bit bad just now for making her multi task a bit during screening like not just making her sit down there and point out the letters. But I explained to her that our schedule for today was pretty tight coz they expected us to do two classes back to back which totalled up to 30 over students.


Then we also had to take note of the school's schedule also and before they start pressurizing us to hurry up, it is better that we finish up with the bulk of screening and settle the paperwork later so that the teachers can carry on with their own timetable. The way I teach the newbies....well...I make them do work..hehe..I cant afford to just let them sit down there while I do their share of work. I dont mind if they work slower than me coz they are still learning and Im willing to guide them as Im doing my work too even though it will slow me down. But work is work and we're in a team so that means when I say pack up, please pack up instead of just sitting around while things are pretty much not settled yet. Im not trying to be a bully here but seriously, if we want to go off for lunch and not starve ourselves until way after lunch time or get out of the school fast, we have to work together. Plus, I want them to develop some initiative coz it wouldnt be fair to me if I do too much work and we end up finishing late. They wont like it either right? Sure I can help but not to an extent Im spoonfeeding them.


And you thought Im a softie at heart....awwww.....hehe..


I am not finger pointing at anyone here. But it's so not gonna happen to my team. And no...contrary to what that bugger says..Im NOT bossy! Even though I made him pack up my laptop once Im done shutting it down but that's just because he talked too much..haha..no, seriously, WAY too much. About the flu lah..like its becoming an epidemic lah.had been a long time since he last saw me in the outfield lah..okay, we can catch up on good old bad times but seriously, you talked way more than a girl..GAH!! By the way, I missed you bugger...even though your bugging kinda was a tad bit annoying just now coz you wont shut up despite seeing me busy (and telling him to shut up also..hee). Obviously, he didnt care and can still call me slow coz my team was the last one for pick up. Hello! I got 30 plus students and the other teams got less than ten even okay!


And I talked a wee bit how the bugger now knows how to threaten like he wants to complain to my cluster leader on Monday and boycott my team. Yah..pfft..Im so 'scared'....and he went on and on about boycotting since now he knows im in charge of this team even in the van and even as he drove out of the park. Once he went out, he said that he's a devil...didnt I see the sticker on his van showing a picture of a devil? Coz he said it was thundering very badly. I said it was fine just now but ever since he came, it got worse...heh. Devil? Pui..I told him maybe devil from the first level of hell only..that shut him up like finally! What is this about devil lah..merepek ah budak ni. Did he like go for binge drinking prior to going to my team or what! First time I saw a grown man yakking like a girl who never see her good friend for a damn long time. Haiyoh....


Well, another worry about me being outfield? Trying not to get lost! And I have not even travelled to clementi yet and 'act clever' me already got lost in sengkang which was nearer to home. WAH, damn terrific ah..compassvale link was confused with fernvale link..just coz they shared a common name! Have to slap myself awake on the way to work next week onwards then. Aah..working life outdoors. Welcome back rahayu.

Comments

Popular Posts