Mental Break Down

Hello...

today I dont feel like a pauper because it's pay day but of course...I try my best to make sure the money lasts a weetle bit longer and that nothing comes in between that forces me to spend quite a bit..haha..Then again, hard to say.


Well, I just started covering a different location for my field work. But thank goodness it's within the heartlands and not some obscure places. And guess where it is? In Yishun? Yes..residents of Yishun. I shall be invading your space for at least this week and early next week. So far, have not got myself lost yet. But I dont want to speak too soon. Especially if the block numbers jump around...or the feeder buses suck blood like the ones that come once every twenty minutes as if it is some freaking free service shuttle service. Hello, that one I dont pay of course they take their bloody time but this one? I cant accept it if the bus drivers act like one big shot...gawd! And blame me if Im late...


By the way, today....the lightbox for my team that hold up the charts gave trouble. Actually yesterday it gave trouble too but I informed D and he brought new light bulbs. But even after he fixed in the new ones, it still didnt work so it was not the bulbs but the whole thing itself. So he had to go back to the warehouse to take a new one but I guess he was quite pressed for time because he had to do several other delivery rounds. He didnt seem disturbed or what and just left while talking on the phone to ask if they could standby the spare one for collection.


Then half an hour later, he called my team phone and oh.my.gawd. He was talking loudly (okay partly coz he was driving and maybe he didnt know that he was blasting my ears as he spoke using his bluetooth enabled earset) and asking where should he send the spoilt lightbox. My leader was around and she asked to bring to the office so the technicians over there could take a look at it. Then I thought the convo would just end coz I didnt want to talk much as she was around so had to act 'serious' mah..hehe..as If I dont always do. But dunno why....he started to complain big time about having to do double work for the teams...coz other teams often asked him to bring back the printers or laptops back to office because it didnt 'worked'. Why worked was quoted was because let's just say...the ones who worked on these...they were not quite resourceful and the best bet was to call the driver and send to office for other people to take a look at it.


I kinda know this has been happening quite a lot coz my team...yes...always my team....would make our way back to office as our screening was only half day. Plus we're not the type to suddenly fall sick in the afternoon or pushed back the timing until late or claim to take late lunch just to avoid coming back office. If you do it once or twice..maybe not noticeable..but I dont want to get into trouble if it gets out of hand. I know these people well enough..they may just act sympathetic to us but behind our back, they are secretly emailing to the big head. So anyway, I just suspected that he would 'break down' one day coz he always tried to put on a cool demeanour like yah..no choice..had to be done....but at times would let it out on me if he came to collect like saying he was sick and tired of collecting..or what..usually one-off sentences.


But just now was like...man...he kept asking..'sure office? are you sure or not bring back to office not to ST? And then if I bring to office, then they ask me to bring to ST..wah double job for me you know! Confirmed bring to office?' Then okay fine..I asked my leader again...so I said 'yah..she said office'..and again..he repeat the whole process of questioning again..and I was like 'okay you ask me one more time I would say no'..then he retorted back..'bring to office right? just say no....then I dont have to bring it anywhere..' tsk.....irritant.


Yah he continued complaining and complaining about other things...seriously, in a space of 5 minutes, he was talking like a speeding bullet and I was left dumbfounded. I said that well..it's not easy for us too coz this whole month we have audit...and he still continued. I could just try to assure him well...he can take his time to send the spare one..no need to hurry..even though it would hold back our screening but I didnt know what else to say. But yah, in the midst of complaining, he still continued to be an irritant when I told him to take his time..dont rush. And he was like..really ah..then you no need to do lah....seriously, no point being nice to him even in the midst of his 'crisis'. And he continued to complain more again about not being able to be at different places all at the same time...Great. Im aunt agony of the day.


But during collection time, he was okay in his cheerful self again and in the midst of me wanting to meet the admin clerk to pass the assessments...he still continued being the usual bugger. Im like okay..so..hurry up and talk...as he talked and talked while I was one foot on standby to go meet her while the rest of me looking at him as he complained..yes the saga had not ended yet..about he hated going back to his headquarters. I was like 'why?' (aunt agony at work here..) 'No girls ah?'...he chuckled and said..yah...but.......'okay then what?' (quick..im paid by the minutes!) 'uhm..the people there...sucks'. OH..colourful usage of language..I was like 'okay..so including you suck too?' yes I know bad timing to make joke during this aunt agony moment..but obviously, he looked serious and tried to smile but he kinda looked down as if a bit the sad.


And! perfect timing for aunt agony to make her move now..to see the admin staff lah..not on him!


SO the bugger finally broke down and I thought that it was impossible for him to not have any reactions for the extra work he had been getting. But of course the usual annoyance still there like call me slow...that sorta lame lame name calling again thingey. Then again right..I dont know how long he will last in this line also based on his frequency of complaints from one liners to full blast just now. One of his colleagues just disappeared also..without a trace some more...and I dont think he will do the houdinni but he is still harbouring the thoughts of becoming an engineer. Yes, he is smart and good looking (have to be careful..or later the ego can hear) so it's not that hard for him to get a job in this line together with his contacts that can give him a recommendation. But I think he is saving up for quite a lot of things like getting his own vehicle because his line of engineering require him to travel.



So meanwhile, hold on bugger! Anyway this is just the cons of a travelling job coz I do travel too so I kinda know how he feels like you are tired after a rushing morning together with the fatigue of travelling back to office almost every day. Later on and even before we sign in, we have more work to do like either counselling or data entries infront of the computer for few hours till the end of the day. I forsee this week till next week I will be super tired because the journey from Yishun to our office in outram park isn't exactly near and we had to stand coz it was crowded. You know...I felt 'faint' a bit and I very very seldom felt that way when suddenly i was surrounded by a group of people and one of them started fanning herself with a paper fan. NOrmally, i wouldnt mind standing but at that minute, I thought I turned pale that my partner might have noticed and insisted that I sat.


I had been feeling bloated a bit this morning so I thought the pressure of standing for quite some time made me feel nauseous a bit. But good thing a seat became available soon after and I had no choice but to sit down or I'd just faint there.


Haiz.......probably be the next one to suffer a mental breakdown after D's dramatic one.

Comments

Popular Posts