Skip to main content

Bug Praise

Ackkk!! Did D just praise me? Wah very the shocked..but then, coming from him..if he's praising, it's not a good sign. Might need something. I was lamenting how Im 'stuck' with my partner for lunch and he was like..no wonder I see you're getting slimmer and slimmer! Of course I was like..huh?!..how does that fit in? And jz thanked him even though I doubt his sincerity and I went on saying yupz..what to do..coz I lost my appetite eating with her (and my partner was making noise at the back..haha..). But I guess he assumed that I knew he was just joking..because I seriously did think he was.....and he said again, yah..you ARE getting more and more slimmer like you're losing more and more weight when I see you. Whats up with him and his emphasis?


Then worse still, after that he was looking at me as a whole like up and down (what the hell..) in particular my arms coz maybe I was wearing a black top and a long flowy green skirt given by my friend (I never wear long skirts for work..hehe..), I was pretty camouflaged for him to see much, I guess...hehe. But then he nodded his head as if implicating that he was spot on. I still thanked him yet again coz I didnt know what else to say (sudden brain freeze) and blushing too coz seriously, I was being scrutinized up and down by a guy no less, hello?! Earlier on he did ask if we could finish earlier than 4..say...3.45..so never trust the bugger.



Today me gonna eat cake! Me, my partner and my co leader decided to organized this birthday mini party for those who had their birthdays from jan to june. I mean it would be something that is completely non work related coz we had been busy with our work so we needed just a bit of something to break out of the monotonity.


SOunds like a lot of fancy things for..err...a piece of birthday cake.


ANd I just discovered a talent of mine...I can make people give me money with my sad pathetic face and voila! They gave me three dollars as contribution for the cake..and in just ten minutes, all gave after seeing one after another gleefully giving me the money. My partner said that one day if she open a loanshark company, she'll hire me if there is a need to get the money back. Ey, what is this?! I thought we're doing a partnership?


ANyway, let's see how the whole thing turns out later. Yummy chocie fudge cake, here i come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...