So Damn Annoying

Sometimes I wonder if my mum ever think in logical terms. I mean seriously, you can find yourself explaining the same damn thing over and over again and if she holds on to her own set of opinions, which to her should not be contested, it will be a serious waste of time explaining. And worse, she can kill my patience coz she just..wont..listen!!! GawD!!!! Then the next thing, she will ask again. Im this close to going mental!


Like the other time I took mc not only for my nasty rashes on my fingers but also coz I needed to settle some financial stuff for my dad urgently. We thought that we would get the cheque over the counter but NOoOOo..some people just had to make life difficult for us! So we missed by just a day when we went on Tuesday and apparently they only process this kind of transaction on Mondays. And then we can only expect to get the cheque within 7 days after the processing. Wtf?! See lah, they can easily fish out money from us and then when it's time for us to get it back, they have this whole long list of excuses as if we're hampering their future investment plan or something. That is people's hard earned money you dope! And after a few years, they didnt even make any money for us. What the..there was only an extra of 72 dollars after 5 years?!! See, thats the thing why Im sceptical over the current investment plans offered by banks. They are just so scheming nowadays with their empty promises and when it's time we get back what is rightfully ours, they give this long face and gone was their cheery face during the time they managed to cajouled my poor parents into investing with them.


My parents...they're not really educated so they were quite easily convinced back then. But now they know better when we went through some hard times contacting this person and that person...waiting for their replies that can take weeks...get back to that person who later asked to contact another company..blah de blah blah. Worse still, we even got rude responses almost like mockery as if we didnt know what we were doing but just in it for the sake of getting money out of it.


It's not a big amount but whatever we get can last us quite a bit coz we're seriously dry of money now. I have to put my family before myself and even buying a simple shirt from esprit at a mere 9 bucks made me so guilt ridden about it even though it might not have affected my financial pocket that much.


I know I should not blame myself and that I have done my best to make the money that we currently have last as long as it should. I even scrimped on transport and on food but I cant go without these two especially with a job like mine so I just have to try to spend wisely as much as I possibly can.


Anyway, I hate to talk about this but seriously, my mum is driving me insane as to when the cheque will come in ever since that very day itself! She just dont get it that it will only be processed on the next freaking Monday (that will be today) and I had to check the freaking mail box every day ever since our trip to the bank that day even on a Sunday when I told her that singpost people dont work on Sundays! In between she kept on asking when will the cheque arrived and my answers had been so freaking monotonous coz I told her..and I lost count..that they only process this kind of investments on Mondays!! Then her next infamous question will be when will they post it out and when exactly will we get it. I said that the singpost people dont work so fast like what..the fastest they can do is hand deliver it. The officer herself said that once they got the cheque processed, we will get the cheque within the next seven days.


And she went ballistic over it like it was all my fault that I didnt ask her a proper question like when EXACTLY will we get the cheque! Her mindset is so freaking narrow that all she can think about is that my dad's account is the ONLY account that they process and that singpost is so freaking efficient, that within that same processing day itself we can get the cheque in our letterbox.


OH MY GAWD!!!! WHy cant she just get it in her head?!!! This is not something that is done within a snap of the fingers. And before my head explodes from her repetitive questioning, I would give some excuse like i need to go down to the provision shop or I need to go to my room but of which the second one may not be such a good excuse coz she can come in and ask the same bloody questions again!


I know that we're in dire need of money right now and that the cheque can come in handy but seriously, have some patience lah!!!


And another habit of hers is that she seldom thinks before she lashes out or make comments and within minutes, she will regret. Then starts her next barrage of questions that spell out her regret like for example, 'oh no.....now she thinks im like this...' or 'oh no..now she knows about it! then what if..' and all this because she just doesnt..think...first! And I have to keep reassuring her that there is nothing to worry about coz it just doesnt make sense in the first place for that person to think like that or have super recalling memory over such..er...trivial stuffs! But my mum tends to make mountains out of molehills and she wont stop making that mountain no matter how much you assure her that her mountains (sounds dirty..) are of no point. Then ultimately her great sense of worry will just die on its own but not till her next topic to worry about come aboard and I have to answer her pointless calls during work and listen to her pointless questioning.


And to whoever is processing the cheque right now, can you bloody well get it over and done with so my mum will stop pestering me?!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts