Skip to main content

So Damn Annoying

Sometimes I wonder if my mum ever think in logical terms. I mean seriously, you can find yourself explaining the same damn thing over and over again and if she holds on to her own set of opinions, which to her should not be contested, it will be a serious waste of time explaining. And worse, she can kill my patience coz she just..wont..listen!!! GawD!!!! Then the next thing, she will ask again. Im this close to going mental!


Like the other time I took mc not only for my nasty rashes on my fingers but also coz I needed to settle some financial stuff for my dad urgently. We thought that we would get the cheque over the counter but NOoOOo..some people just had to make life difficult for us! So we missed by just a day when we went on Tuesday and apparently they only process this kind of transaction on Mondays. And then we can only expect to get the cheque within 7 days after the processing. Wtf?! See lah, they can easily fish out money from us and then when it's time for us to get it back, they have this whole long list of excuses as if we're hampering their future investment plan or something. That is people's hard earned money you dope! And after a few years, they didnt even make any money for us. What the..there was only an extra of 72 dollars after 5 years?!! See, thats the thing why Im sceptical over the current investment plans offered by banks. They are just so scheming nowadays with their empty promises and when it's time we get back what is rightfully ours, they give this long face and gone was their cheery face during the time they managed to cajouled my poor parents into investing with them.


My parents...they're not really educated so they were quite easily convinced back then. But now they know better when we went through some hard times contacting this person and that person...waiting for their replies that can take weeks...get back to that person who later asked to contact another company..blah de blah blah. Worse still, we even got rude responses almost like mockery as if we didnt know what we were doing but just in it for the sake of getting money out of it.


It's not a big amount but whatever we get can last us quite a bit coz we're seriously dry of money now. I have to put my family before myself and even buying a simple shirt from esprit at a mere 9 bucks made me so guilt ridden about it even though it might not have affected my financial pocket that much.


I know I should not blame myself and that I have done my best to make the money that we currently have last as long as it should. I even scrimped on transport and on food but I cant go without these two especially with a job like mine so I just have to try to spend wisely as much as I possibly can.


Anyway, I hate to talk about this but seriously, my mum is driving me insane as to when the cheque will come in ever since that very day itself! She just dont get it that it will only be processed on the next freaking Monday (that will be today) and I had to check the freaking mail box every day ever since our trip to the bank that day even on a Sunday when I told her that singpost people dont work on Sundays! In between she kept on asking when will the cheque arrived and my answers had been so freaking monotonous coz I told her..and I lost count..that they only process this kind of investments on Mondays!! Then her next infamous question will be when will they post it out and when exactly will we get it. I said that the singpost people dont work so fast like what..the fastest they can do is hand deliver it. The officer herself said that once they got the cheque processed, we will get the cheque within the next seven days.


And she went ballistic over it like it was all my fault that I didnt ask her a proper question like when EXACTLY will we get the cheque! Her mindset is so freaking narrow that all she can think about is that my dad's account is the ONLY account that they process and that singpost is so freaking efficient, that within that same processing day itself we can get the cheque in our letterbox.


OH MY GAWD!!!! WHy cant she just get it in her head?!!! This is not something that is done within a snap of the fingers. And before my head explodes from her repetitive questioning, I would give some excuse like i need to go down to the provision shop or I need to go to my room but of which the second one may not be such a good excuse coz she can come in and ask the same bloody questions again!


I know that we're in dire need of money right now and that the cheque can come in handy but seriously, have some patience lah!!!


And another habit of hers is that she seldom thinks before she lashes out or make comments and within minutes, she will regret. Then starts her next barrage of questions that spell out her regret like for example, 'oh no.....now she thinks im like this...' or 'oh no..now she knows about it! then what if..' and all this because she just doesnt..think...first! And I have to keep reassuring her that there is nothing to worry about coz it just doesnt make sense in the first place for that person to think like that or have super recalling memory over such..er...trivial stuffs! But my mum tends to make mountains out of molehills and she wont stop making that mountain no matter how much you assure her that her mountains (sounds dirty..) are of no point. Then ultimately her great sense of worry will just die on its own but not till her next topic to worry about come aboard and I have to answer her pointless calls during work and listen to her pointless questioning.


And to whoever is processing the cheque right now, can you bloody well get it over and done with so my mum will stop pestering me?!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...