Shopping Spree

Hello!! I sound bright and cheery but actually am suffering from a bout of flu whose flow right now...is not under control just yet. Yup. It comes as and when it likes and almost most of the time the tissue comes for the rescue a bit too late. why the flu when I have been trying to take care of my body? Coz I realised my body cant take drinks that is WAY too cold. Read: with lots of ice. Ey, why this reaction man? Can someone enjoy a very cold red bean corn ice kachang drink and then three days later a chocolate ice cream milkshake topped up with chocolate ice cream. Next day: flu. Wah piang! Give me a break! Anyway I know they ruin any diets but it's an occasional treat. Okay so I know my few entries are just about that darn driver of mine whom i-have-no-idea...decides to be so darn friendly with me barely two weeks before I get sent to boot camp at Woodlands Poly.


No Rahayu....be a strong woman....he'll probably just decide to quit and follow his dream of becoming a sales engineer while Im away coz it will be a damn lonely affair without me around..hehe. Think about it. Cant do without me during the weekend...and now have to do without me for two months! Which hot blooded men can take that long period of absence?!! Gawd I sound like him now. I just indulged myself in some online shopping. Yes apparently, I have decided to give myself a break this month to just buy things in a whiff. Heh..yeah right. Im a girl! or a full grown woman whose breast sizes have shrunk (really, i checked the pics) but nevertheless, still a woman! I need to bloody well shop! I wouldn't call it a drop dead sort of shopping but a subtle kind of shopping. So I got a minute payrise this month and what better than to spend that extra wee bit of income (at least for this month only) on some....stuffs. I bought two simple tops that cost 8 bucks each. Was aiming for the 5 bucks one but ah...a bit the not nice. One purple and one pink shirts. THen the next day after forever passing the This Fashion shop but never actually bought anything from there even though that is where I get my skirt supplies, I bought something.


I was thinking that well.....has been months since i last bought a skirt and the current crop is a bit the 'dull' already since I wear them all the time so okaylah..just grab a nice simple one. That cost me another 8 bucks. I also bought myself a pair of URS green coloured heels and it was on sales. Perfect size...perfect heels that I can wear anywhere to without feeling a bit of pain from too much walking. Oh, and it was at ten bucks! It was one of the rare ones selling at that price coz it was the last pair. I hate to say this but Im quuuuuittte a label or brand follower in which I usually indulge buying from one or two brands of which I am comfortable in. Other brands dont seem to appeal to me unless I found a perfect comfy fit there and the designs are aight...so I wont mind giving it a try. It's the same for clothes..and skincare. It's like more than 90% comes from a single label.


Talking about skincare too, this one I got no choice but to buy the the 30 plus dollar clinique liquid facial soap. Yet another one of my indulgence. I am not big on make up but I dont mind spending a bit on skincare PROVIDED I got extra income or in this case, I have to get it coz I have used up the previous one that I have used for months. I dont really like to tell people that I dont use the usual skincare products available at any dept stores except for the nivea body lotion or they may think pfft...Im some branded label whore or something or a babe with an expensive taste. I am not. I baulk at a mascara that costs more than 15 bucks or I baulk at a foundation that costs more than 20 bucks. Anyway it helps that I dont use much foundation except on puffy eye days where I have to pat on some foundation on my eyes unless they want to see a walking human panda bear. Last March, I got some bit of extra income which I have used to buy myself a bottle of gel moisturiser from Clinique again. And yes, it's a bit pricey but it's the only thing that I can actually see the effects of it if used in combi with other clinique products. I also do the mask and scrub thingeys from some free travel sized tubes which I have received when I bought some of their products during promotion period. So apparently one of the tubes is running out already and just as I thought bummer....now i have one less tube, I remembered one of my past hobbies: shopping online.


Okay so that is basically a trade secret of mine if I want to go low on budget. Why do you think I can have quite a lot of Mango basic tops considering the sales is like twice a year only and every time it will be a mad rush towards those basic tops on the first day? You'd be lucky if you can get what you want..in your size..and in your colour. When I buy them online, I can even get them in brand new conditions some more if I can search through the barrage of junks. Why the heck people want to sell brand new things at lower costs? Well let's just say it is the case of compulsive shopping and now they want to get rid of them. Who better to get rid of them to than to me!


But that's last year's story. Due to tighter family responsibilities, I have to put this hobby of mine on hold which force me to make use of whatever clothing items I have right now. If I think of it another way, it is good coz it refrains me from buying unnecessary things that I may or may not wear in the end. Or wear once or twice and then placed in 'storage' a.k.a the wardrobe. But after a long period of hiatus, I guess i helps to just unleash a bit of that shopping spirit in me. It ocurred to me that I can find the same travel sized tube online here in which I had to endure going through pages and pages and cramming my head a bit coz I..have no freakin idea which one to get! Even though it helps to focus on the ACTUAL thing that I want to get, I can't help but simply thought..'man..that's bloody cheap!' and 'it's the only one available!' ...so you get what I mean.


In the end, I settled for the one I was looking for at 8.5o and even though there were a few choices, well...the budget girl in me picked the one with free normal postage. Then earlier on, after I kept on contemplating on getting the Nivea Night body moisturisr for few months but the price of 8 bucks set me back (yes i know, it's just 8 bucks!) I endured using the previous bottle till I can squeeze it no more because I really wanted to make use of till the last drop. Same with the clinique liquid facial soap. I had to add some water to have it last till my next pay cheque. And just now, I got a bargain. I actually found this shop that sold a smaller bottle of it at just 1.50. Perfect for someone like me who dont use it all the time due to fear of skin allergy even though so far, it has not bring about any major skin reaction. But..better safe than sorry.


Ah well...So in all, in mere days I actually spent like almost a hundred dollars. A mean feat. Now it's back to chanting the 'every cent counts' slogan. Gawd I hate that..but no...either I do that now or go without food later.

Comments

Popular Posts