Flirt

heylo,

I just wanted to say that gawd I felt like I was 'flirting' with the driver over the phone...and man..I should be banned from answering the team phone! Well...dunno who started first but I want to say this, IF i ever caught myself flirting with him over the phone again, you'd be damned rahyu....be damned! No, it wasn't the typical flirt sort..I wouldnt even be calling it flirting even. But it's just a casual friendly teasing..err..conversation that didn't lead to anywhere, trust me!


And I know God's actual reason for sending me to the clinic for attachment for the next two months. To aid in my failing mind purification (damn it....I almost nailed it!), I think that is the best move for me. With a married guy? Hello Rahayu?!! If he is always on my mind, that's it man. I might just need to be celibate for the rest of my life!


Let's do some quick recalling as to how the conversation went. Normally, I dont answer the phone coz my partner is the leader so rightfully, she had to answer the phone. But because she was going away to the class to talk to to teacher, i had to answer for her first ah. He had this knack for recognising voice but since it has been a long time since i last called him ever since my leadership ended last Feb, I guess he was just expecting my partner to answer. So he wanted to say my partner's name until I said hello..and yes..then I heard him saying my name but in a low tone like hrm..is it really her..kind of tone..before saying my partner's name again. To avoid confusion and to just get straight to the point, i was like..yes this is 'H.......' and I could almost hear him go 'pfft..yeah right' like the other time I was in the van with him and he commented the new stickers were really nice and I was like..'duh..of course ah..I drew it' and he gave this loud 'yah right!!' comment with a laugh which led me to say..'what? you think I dont have any drawing skills?! YOu got see me draw before?! Anyway, I told my partner and she believed me...' And he was like 'WHAT? She believed you?!' But later I guess he felt bad and said 'well...it's not that I dont think you cant draw.....but maybe simple simple drawings like a circle..' But I wasn't offended ah in anyway then I just said that he's right..I helped to draw simple things like the bunny's ears..the nose...Okay so it was supposed to be lame but it kinda narrowed the gap between us which I kinda self imposed if you read my previous entries.


But then he came across to me as a not-so-easily-convinced sorta guy..but I guess this time round he kinda caught the ball that I kinda like to goof around especially when around my colleagues but coz of the barrier I set, he was just being friendly in colleague terms not friends' term. Now that he thought I let my guard down a bit especially after that van ride (no we didn't do anything in that van..although I did think he made quite a merry go round initially like..pfft..we're in holland road for gawd's sake..how far can tanglin mall be? but he went through the estate houses road lanes instead first before coming out the OTHER side). Anyway, back to the phone conversation.


So what Im trying to say is that yah, he played along through the phone conversation too when I said that yes, Im this so and so colleague talking in a straight not a giggling in the background voice. I knew why he called and I just could say okay..and that's it. But NOoooOo..it dragged a bit and to think I heard him like in a vehicle probably driving and knowing him, he wont talk that much while driving. Well I supposed he refrained from giggling and asked me instead 'so...how are you?' expecting me to say who I really was I suppose. Too bad I did not and said in a straight voice again...'fine..' and he paused again with some more refraining himself from giggling again. I didn't squeak or what but then thinking that I'd probably just continued that way, he said his intentions that he would be coming at tis time to come pick up the envelope but that we'd better be around for his collection and not go for lunch yet or what or he wont be coming back again and he will only come tomorrow during collection of our equipments. So actually, that will be a bit too late.


Oh okay, he wont talk like that to my partner so he was like really trying to make me talk like myself and fine, you want me to talk like myself, I'd talk like myself but I still didn't say who I really was coz I thought he might have figured it out already. Me and my partner had a similar quiet-ish voice and actually it was not the first time I pretended to be someone else since it was just nothing but work related stuff so it didn't really matter who answered. Maybe he knew back then too but either way he just wanted to know the pick up time or other stuffs like what we needed and that was about it. Now it felt like he wanted to make a conversation.


After hearing his 'tall order', I said fine..he can come at ten but depends if I want to open the door or what since it is only him or I'll go toilet and take my own sweet time so he will be left standing outside the main door. He laughed then he was like..well...if like that...then he will still come tomorrow then since I'm not gonna open the door and he would take his own sweet time too sending the letter to the school. I told him to come either yesterday or today but yesterday I was not around like I told him on Monday that I would be on leave so be nice to my partner when he come to collect. Apparently he called my partner yesterday saying that he could not come. After hearing that, I said back..'well..what..so okay fine you can come and I'll open the door. And I will give you the red carpet treatment. Happy now?'


Okay, thinking that he got me at his beck-and-call..the nerves...he said..'okay, i'll come then. But remember if I come and I dont see any red carpet, then I will walk away and drive away and will come back the next day to collect'. Heh...playing with me huh? As he was saying all of these, I was looking outside and happened to see the playground and that the ground was covered in red rubbery sort of thick mat..the sort where the kid falls and the head wont break or split open kind? Then as I was looking at that, I said 'eh you want the red carpet so much right? There is one here for you..at the playground'. And he remarked back..'wah..kena sai'..in layman's term that will mean..'oh no she got me..'


I instructed him to come by the other door coz the main door was locked, which was the door nearest our room but before that, knock first so at least we know it was him as that door was not meant to be open. Gawd...can continue with his bantering again. He said that why...I scared that some stranger will pop by instead of him to collect is it before he started laughing. I just told him a matter-of-fact that no...I will still open the door but because I know it will be only him, I will take my own sweet time to open the door so he will have to wait outside longer. He laughed again and I think he might have realised that the longer he talked, the more 'bashing' he would get and the fact that talking on the handphone while driving is an offence, after a few more words from him (yes..it had not ended yet but im too lazy to type the last bit of it), he finally hung up. Man, it was just over an envelope of one pathetic school at holland where we were too and the conversation took more than 5 minutes. That had never happened before! Certainly not the teasing and stuffs too..hrm, I still wouldn't call it flirting too though.


Well this sudden friendliness just had to come two weeks before my attachment was due. It's okay ah..after all...can't forget that he IS a married guy..no matter how handsome and how nice he is, cant..afford..to..flirt...with him. That's the rest of the aunties' job.

Comments

Popular Posts