Linkin Park New Single

SO! Im one of those who listened to the world premiere of the new Linkin Park single that is taken off from their unreleased album yesterday. The song is called What I've Done. Yes, from the title you can tell that it has mass appeal to..u know...the angst driven teenagers. Wanna know what I think?


First and foremost, I want to say that it has great intro thanks to Mike Shinoda's gift of the music and is catchy enough to have it stuck in your head. Perhaps their experimentation is in the music...but the arrangement of the songs..the message of the lyrics..they havent changed much from their last album but I would say, they have matured from their first album Hybrid Theory which to me is DA best. Damn it, I wished they have not. But wishful thinking on my part coz if I expect them to stick to the same genre as the first album, I myself would not have matured. Still....I prefer him screaming at the top of his lungs lah..hee..but hey, he's getting older and screeching are for those overexcited teenagers who cant sing but can very well scream. Plus we're not talking about Slipknot. Pfft..even slipknot sounds lame now. But thats another story. Tsk, you can never sound mainstream lah slipknot and they will never play your music on the commercial airwave even if you sound all linkin park-ish now. What are you trying to become? The next Korn? They didn't do that great anyway doing the Word Up song which has been done by few bands already. Alamak, must you recycle the song again? Thank goodness I am not quite a big fan of them in the first place and I do like the song which I first heard the original in 1994..or they will seriously incur my wrath.


Anyway, for Chester...vocally he's still pretty much the same too but I just noticed he's a bit sombre this time round. But then again, as long as he increases his vocal chords a notch and as long as people can hear some difference between the verse and the chorus and is appealing enough to the listeners, well I guess he still maintain his status quo as a versatile singer.


But then again, what is Singapore great for? Overhyping ah..but still, Linkin Park does deliver since they are pretty much stuck in the same ol' format anyway. I haven't heard the whole album to give them a verdict but like I said, they did start off on the right foot by giving the song an aptly named title that sure to make the rebellious teenagers an excuse to drive them further into their well...whatever world they are in. The kind of world I was in previously..and still coming back there every now and then whenever Im down in the pits.

Comments

Popular Posts