Happy April Im No Fool

HI,

Dont get me wrong here..I do blog but most of them just end up at the draft section because a) Mariah or M will complain it's too draggy..heh..and b) I find that that I tend to repeat past entries like a de ja vu kind of thing and if you follow up to my writings, there are times I will mention I hate to write about my past and I hate to narrate past events. Well....from now on, this being a new month and all, I want to write what I feel is current and updated..which is not that hard actually because in my head, there is always fresh content but dunno why, everything I start writing, I recalled the wrong things. Didnt know my brain can be shy in dispelling new information.


Anyway, today my father had his quarterly check up at the hospital and ironically, today was supposed to be a day I had field screening at that very hospital. I didnt bump into them..thank goodness...but tomorrow, it is back to square one. Hey, that means I will be taking the bus 153 which heads to Toa Payoh which is also the same bus taken by that filipino guy. Well you know who Im talking about. But may not be meeting up with him..like yeah right I have this scheduled appointment to wait at that particular bus stop...coz I will be leaving my house earlier since the place is further at Novena. Anyway, that is the least of my concern. Besides my penchant of not arriving at 8 on the dot, tomorrow may not be a good day to take my very own sweet time. Why? Coz the vips, which is our code name for the supervisors, may very well make an appearance to do an audit at our team.


Anyway, the audit will not be on us but if you ask me, it's not really an opportunity to skip out on the usual SOPs...drats. Instead we will be having an extra member who is actually the newly appointed co leader who will be audited instead for field work even though her place is permanent at the office. It's just a case of emergencies..which is usually on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays..for obvious reasons...where we will be seriously down with manpower. Wow, what a whammy for her. She just came back from maternity last week and then wham! She kena or will be audited under short notice. Yes, short notice coz apparently she just found out today. What 'efficient' workplace we have huh?


I know myself well enough if I make the efforts I can jolly well make it on time. This also applies to meeting up with friends..hee..but I just dont like to be so....earlie..........it's a geek thing to be on time always. If you think that the world is coming to an end or something or you are going to strike lottery on the day that rahayu is actually very the early, well..tough luck. I dont know if it is just me or what but every time if I end up early, the person Im gonna meet will usually be very late and I do have to wait for even two hours actually! Im not an impatient sort like my mum who will give calls every now and then demanding to have me right there even though she herself is the latecoming queen..heh..geddit..latecoming..homecoming queen?!! nevermind..


So yup, I have nothing against these people because like me it is not because we want to be late but sometimes, we're just stuck in circumstances that we cant run away from. Like my mum for instance, dunno WHY always at times last minute tell me she runs out of this..runs out of that but all the time before that I was at home, dont want to say. If I didnt want to get it coz I would be running out of time, she would say that I think about my friends more than my family and it is not as if my friend is gonna be there any earlier. They will probably be late as well and I will be like an idiot standing around there waiting for them. I swear she uses some kind of evil reverse psychology on me. SO Im stuck between family and friend. And you wonder why the idea of going on a date scares me. Beware the wrath of the mother.


Okay, technically Im quite happy this week coz I get to work three and a half of working days. By right that half should not be there but I have to cover my colleague's duty on Saturday. I just know she's fond of taking Saturday off coz it's only half a day. It's just me who have to take my sorry ass down to Marsiling in the morning before 8am. Well, the next two weeks I have to cover yet another clinic at Geylang. I dont understand my duty there lah. Im already not attached to that clinic anymore since Im not part of their cluster. If the place isn't near, I would be complaining endlessly. Anyway, near or far, having to work on Saturday is still a big no no to me. Give me a break will ya? We're talking two ruined Saturdays here, hello? Do you even know how much sleep I get per night? Wait, they dont and I dont think I ever want to reveal it or they may just have to do an impromptu alertness test on me.


Whatever then. Sometimes things are worth sacrificing. Today I actually claimed my two Saturday duty time offs instead of using up part of my annual leaves. So complain first, benefit later. Doesnt everyone do that? Anyway, Im also happy coz they finally approved the usage of medisave to pay for chronic illness like in my father's case, his diabetes, for 300 dollars per year. Even though his check up isn't too frequent nowadays, extending to two and a half to three months now, Im just glad that we get to benefit from this bit of financial help for his consultation and lab fees and also for his medicine. My aunt has been telling my mum about this and telling her that I must inquire the cpf board about it as it is going to help me cope with the bills.


SO while my mum thinks that I am not kept in the loop with her arguing that I dont care about things like this and be all stubborn headed when I said later I find out, hate to say this....but I am actually aware of it. Yes I always look like I know nothing but like it or not, there are things that I am fully aware about a lot of things..even redundant ones. .but often acting like Im such a blur block. Thats coz I dont agree with it or I dunno...it's just stored information right there in my head whether i like it or not. This is often the case if I happened to see the news or read the newspapers as I was attempting to watch or read other 'newsworthy' things..at least in my own books.


In this case, I even know how much is the cap amount and that they just rolled out to hospitals after rolling it out first in polyclinics to so called test the water first. But it got my mum angry coz she thought I acted like I didnt care and that my aunt always have to rub it in that she knows EVERYTHING and Im always the blur one who takes her own sweet time to react on it. When I told my mum the true details to prove to her that I am aware of it and why am I not as enthusiastic as my aunt or the things she just told my mum are infact old news to me, she will believe me and think that my aunt is just full of airs. Yah yah...whatever...whether they are useful information or not, if they dont involve cute guys or interesting shows with guys for me to gawk at, forget my 'im so freakin interested' face.


Yup, today isnt such a bad day to start off with. But Im not even done with the week too. The horror..the horror...

Comments

Popular Posts