Weighty Issues

So happy, I have been losing weight consistently for the last few months though I must admit, you better not follow my footsteps because you most likely have to give up on a lot of good food...haha. No I mean, sometimes sacrifices are good if it's going to benefit you in the long run because I've said it before and I say it again, medical expenses are not cheap. Even though you may have medisave, it's not going to cover a lot of things.


To be honest, I don't like to preach to people what is good and what is not good except to my brother just to irritate him sometimes. It's not that I don't want to help,  if they ask me, I am more than willing to share some tips. But you will be surprised a lot of people may not want to hear it but I don't blame them actually. I used to be in huge denial about my weight and the thought of eating lesser and lesser of such good food is enough to put off dieting in a lot of people including myself. Basically, dieting to them is such a dirty word. Actually the correct usage of the word is that we should all have a proper healthy diet. Losing weight doesn't equal to starving ourselves.


While I don't like to announce to others if I have lost weight or is losing weight, I like to blog about it or leave notes in my handphone because it's just a way for me to keep track. Though currently I don't notice significant changes, I do notice that clothes fit better especially skirts and pants. No not the ones with the elastic type but the hook or button type. You know the ones that 'tell' you if you have gained or lost weight? Yah, that's the one.


You know how I have this 'off' day once in a week? Okay honestly, 'off' day also comes after the end of the month where I have successfully lost a bit of weight as targeted. There were times when I went below target and I have to work an extra bit more to make up the difference which will then take me slightly more than a month. I have never aimed high because I am not so committed to engaging in outdoor activities, do aerobics or working at the gym more than twice like how many people do it when they are trying to lose weight and have successfully done so in a relatively shorter period of time. It's just not so practical for me although I compensate by not eating more than I can burn off by walking for about twenty minutes on an almost daily basis.


So this coming Monday is my yet another unofficial 'off' day because yes, I lost slightly more than I should :) and I have a curry puff bought from Old Chang Kee on standby for lunch later. Actually it's a lot more though part of it goes into losing what I have gained a week after losing the weight last month..haha. Sometimes I carry my congratulatory period a bit far like for a few days or even up to a week. It's just the inner foodie in me lah.

 By the way, if you are keen in wanting to lose weight, you can refer to my previous post but I will be kind enough to drop a few pointers :D


  • Cut down on sugar. Many food has sugar including some types of fruits. Sugar converts to fats and therefore excessive sugar is definitely not good and can lead to future health problems like diabetes. Do you know you can strive to have a leaner body by going on a sugar free diet? But that is rather extreme..at least for me..haha. Sugar Free Diet
  • Try your best to have only one main meal per day. It's either a heavy lunch or a heavy dinner. Many people think that we should eat lesser at night because we burn less energy. Actually, the true fact is that it doesn't matter whether you eat more in the day or in the night. Your body can't tell the difference whether you eat when the sun is out or down. 
  • Exercise. It's really no joke when it comes to exercise especially when many people have the concept that if you watch what you eat or if you eat lesser, you basically don't need to exercise which is NOT true. It's one way of assuring you that you are losing fats and not just water because if you are just losing water, you are likely to gain back the weight or even more as you think you have lost weight which gives you the so called privilege to eat even more. Exercising also ensures that you become leaner and toner while losing weight so you don't have saggy skin.
  • Do you know that by eating more fruits and veggies is not only good for your health but can even make you lose weight? No kidding! Even if you are just eating two apples a day, it can make a difference to your weight loss.

Comments

Popular Posts