An Empty Void

One of my colleagues who sit in the office until about late afternoon had passed away few days ago. It was so sudden that my initial thought was that he had been hospitalised because I didn't see him since the start of the week. But when I asked my other colleague what happened to him, my heart just dropped when I heard that he had passed away in the morning. The mood in the office was so quiet and then seeing where he used to sit two tables away wrecked our heart too as we reminisced the times when he was there. I might have been there shorter than them but I felt the emptiness like them and because his death was unexpected too because he had always been very strong and sprightly despite being in old age. 

I know that his health wasn't so good either but he had been faithfully going for his dialysis treatment and eating his medicine. Though he didn't suffer when he passed away, I can imagine the pain of losing a loved one having gone through the episode too. I would miss calling out to him which he would take some time to respond because he was hard of hearing. He didn't complain much and he was so helpful in the office towards all of us. I would also miss his 'hallo?' or 'good morning' when he answered calls which we transferred to him. I won't be able to hear him call me 'Miss' because he could not pronounce my name well.


The empty void in the office will be there for some time because his things are still there and the somber mood still hangs over the office.


Goodbye Mr Yeo. You will always be missed by all of us. Rest in peace.

Comments

Popular Posts