Pay up People!

One of the things I hate is when someone promises to give you money and then they don't. And then the other thing that I hate is when I don't have the guts to ask the person for money. I was telling about that time when my ops manager asked me to help me type some documents, which are not that easy to type because of all the numberings which like to screw up at times, and he PROMISED to give me money for helping him out. It is his way of helping me out also since he thinks I need the money as well. But guess what, I typed them out and ta-dah, STILL no sign of money. Now I don't want to ask for the money because he was the one who wanted to give money out of his sincerity for helping him out and so I don't think it's really nice to actually ask him when the payment is due since I have completed the work. Anyway, I shall give him the benefit of the doubt because he said he has some more documents for me to type. I don't quite have any expectations out of this so we shall wait and see if he really pays me or is just using my service for nothing.


Although....it wouldn't hurt if he can pay me at least $20 because I used that amount from my other savings account which I have painstakingly saved up for the last few months.


And then my mum also made me buy so many things and she also promised to return me back the money and she said that a few times while I was buying them. In the end, nothing too! But then, I don't want to 'go after her money' because she keeps complaining that I don't give her enough. Chet. As if I am earning much in the first place. $400 every month, to me, is not a bad deal you know.


On the bright side, last Saturday, I actually went out to Spotlight and Arab Street with my ever complaining brother on tow to get some stuffs so I can make some accessories namely earrings and necklace. I did toy with this idea at the start of the year and actually did also tried my hands in making them but it was so hard! It should be easy peasy to make a simple frakkin' pair of earrings but I don't know if I wasn't inspired enough or what so ever I just could NOT even make it.


Then my friend, over on facebook, said that hey why not you try selling at ebay international and there may be a demand for it since, well, it's international. She can help me sell also since she had experience selling things on ebay and it has been successful until her sister screwed up her ebay account. So there I was inspired all over again to try my hands at making accessories to make some extra moolah. I spent like almost $20 on buying the things. It could have been lesser but let's just say, I bought something which I thought was just $1 after discount but didn't realise it was not discounted so I paid the full $3.95 price tag. Darn it.


Unfortunately again, my inspiration is cut short coz now Im down with flu. Yesterday I was blabbering non stop coz I was running a fever while nursing my flu and sore throat. I said to my brother, in my blabber nonsense, that if I die, he can have access to my money and also shared the atm pin number of my other savings account. He was like, 'you don't be like this can, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DIE!' Chet, try having a fever while sniffling.


So anyway, despite some people not paying me back when it's due, I did manage to save up some money no thanks to these people. As of today, I don't know for how long already, like maybe for two weeks or so, I have saved up $40. By the end of this week, it will be $50. I know for those filthy rich people, that don't mean much like they can spend $50 in a blink of an eye but after scrimping and saving, these people will also think twice about spending their hard earned savings. Now we know why some rich people still thrive on $2 chicken rice meal even though they have built a business empire like having popular food establishments because they know every Singaporean loves to eat. 


But I've learnt something new recently. It's not how you make the money, but how you maintain it. You can earn a small income but how you maintain it will determine whether you have enough savings to last you at least 6 months during an emergency, for example. Life does deal with us some unexpected blows but it's better if we can learn to lessen the blows so we can go one with life. Food for thought! Speaking of food, Im kinda hungry now. Better go bathe before the whole of Singapore complains that I stink.



Comments

Popular Posts