Ungrateful!

hello...


haiz..some people can be so bloody irritating..bloody annoying...it's like they're almost feelingless having to 'scold' me infront of others...or complain about me right infront of me..thinking i got two pieces of cabbage leaves as ears. look...i'm not the sort who wouldn't admit that I made a mistake if I really did genuinely make a mistake..but I don't like it when people sort of prolong that mistake I made and make it like some piece of headlining news for the day. And here I am doing a 'good samaritan' job by helping them to carry out the counter duties..which in high high..and very high definition...isnt my job in the first place. There...you got it..I got scolded for doing something that is not within my job requirement. Fancy that!


First of all....now that we have almost finished our field duties, we have to be back in the office..but onlie catch is, we can't be seen being in our very own office (imagine that!) and they'd prefer to keep us out of their sight. I dunno if they want to spend this time digging their nose...or clipping their toenails.....like how they always do when we, the mere assistants, are out there in the field doing our jobs, so when we come back like some army barrage, they see us as a threat. Or a nuisance...And of course, being one who practises some form of loyalty to this capitalist dept, whether we like it or not, we had to go down for duties at level 3 to help the staff mending the school health..with appts based on referrals from schools...so you can imagine the crowd of students and parents from all over singapore. And this is infact a very funny crowd...it's like they'll come to my counter, of which they put me in charge of creating appts, one by one or two by two...followed by a no show..and then suddenly, they'll come to my counter, in like this mini herd as if they had planned to come at the very same time! bloody hell...and how dare they put me in charge alone! what..am i some kind of robotic mechanism which churns out appt dates at the press of a button?!! And they kept asking me if I had done this all before..if yes, then it should be easy. Pls lah..the last time I did this was like yonks away....a year ago? Hello? Am I so free to memorise every single step of the appt bookings of which I onlie get to do this like once a year onlie? GAH!!!! Somebody pls kick some sense into the moronic brains of theirs...


Okay...good thing when that mini herd suddenly came and refused to sit down to wait...(they were hogging the space infront of my counter...like as if telling me to hurry up..)..so u can imagine how my air had been restricted by this crowd. But good thing, my colleague who also had to help this ungrateful people (tell u why later) just as that crowd showed up suddenly and she was nice enough to help me unlike the permanent staff who were gladly washing their hands off. Because of her help....and my ability to just give them any damn date....(As if they'll stick to it in the first place..)...which helped to get rid of the crowd fast..and there was this indian lady who obviously had her nose somewhere out there over the rainbow..and when I asked when she wanted the date of appt (hers was different case..alas...) and that time she was very frumpy as if she waited for long. But she didn't lah..she was unhappy over something else I supposed since I saw her holding that piece of feedback form. That feedback form can onlie mean one thing: complaints lah! Where got people who give feedbacks complimenting other people especially in this sort of clinical environment where some people just don't have the patience to wait. Oh, just because they tot they had an appointment they can jolly well go in straight into the doctor's clinic. Stupid...dunno where they put their brains.


Right..so seeing her stupid black face...I just told her I am giving her this date since she was like watever date just give her lah..but then she changed her mind, twice. So I had to like rechange the appt dates twice...Already so undecisive ask people to make the decision for her in the first place..hrmph...


Okay..actually I didn't really mind the job but I just couldn't do it alone especially if this mini herds appear...u know just like how the cows come together to graze the grass...heh....Right, mean of me but I got super irritated when I told them to sit, they kept loitering around my space..And then no permanent staff came to help me and my colleague...so irritating! And what was worse..the next day, one of them had the nerves to give me a lashing infront of my other colleagues who came down to 'volunteer' our service since our supervisor obviously didn't like to sit in our very own office.


When she asked who did the counter duty for appt the day before I said it's me lah..and thinking that she wanted to give me the same job too...I didn't actually prepare that she was asking that because she wanted to get back at me. She sounded hostile which kept my other colleagues stunned for awhile too like why I never informed her that I wanted to leave yesterday. And coz of that, 3 patients waited around that counter and then seeing nobody attended to them, they got impatient, went to the registration counters where this bloody woman was also. Then one of them wrote a feedback form (see...I told u that form is meant for complaints onlie)....and apparently it was brought up to their head. And she added saying now patients little bit want to complain and then they will get it...and that day was because I just left without informing. Even though..my other colleagues had already asked for permission to leave like around 4.45pm and naturally, they ask me to go up with them lah. Of course I go since I am basically doing the same thing as them...helping them out. So if they went up, I went up too since rightfully, my department was supposed to be upstairs and not theirs...and also, my colleagues getting the go ahead sign, to me, it would mean I would go up too lah. But she was like....but I never informed her...and counter f was different since it dealt with the patients directly. How the fuckin' hell would I know that this stupid counter of theirs need some kind of special permission?!! Do I even work there in the first place?!!!


And okay....like I said, I did make a mistake of not putting the 'closed' sign after logging off from my computer. She onlie told me once but it was about going off for lunch later, to put out the something like out for lunch sign. I didn't realise there was another closed sign which would indicate the counter was officially closed. So there she was lashing at me.....basically unhappy that some stupid patient decided to write a feedback..I mean this brainless person, knowing that there was no one there, couldn't she or he just walk up to the registration and enquire? Everything want to complain ah? Mz slap some senses into some people nowadays lah...so priviledged right now, to them everything deserves to be reprimanded and not complimented. So petty...........


Obviously when her lashing dragged on from point a to point b to point c...I started to sulk great time..like I had this super annoyed face on me which was a rarity actually considering I don't get angry all the time. I guessed she noticed I wasn't happy about her lashing, without even thanking me in the first place, for helping them perform their duty....that she said that she was not trying to scold me...then what? Not scolding then singing ah? Wateva lah...she wanted to put me at the counter again..I just shooked my head vigorously like I was so damn unhappy (infact I was angry also lah....ungrateful bitch)...and then filing? I just kept quiet....then she put another one at the counter, but then she wasn't so sure...and I said, that I just muttered I would help her lah..I wasn't willing to learn another new thing, which was filing....so I went there with my colleague, not even looking at her when she brought us there. She went off and this lady at the counter, whom I worked before in school, was nice to us and she said that they are like that lah...like take her for instance. She was supposed to rush somewhere coz she claimed time off but now had to train us for awhile again...


And she was like telling us stuffs that she didn't like working with them either...it's like they're supposed to rotate duties but end up, it's always the same people doing the registration which dealt with money. so basically if they didn't make mistakes, they would get counter allowance, which was additional money to them lah. If there was a need to outsource labour, she would gladly be outsourced. Then for like 5 mins later, that bitch came by and told us to learn everything from that lady and when she was looking at us talking, I was trying to hide behind my colleague coz I wanted to avoid contact with her...and she was like trying to talk to me cautiously too. And she said sorry eh...like as if she didn't intend to scold me or wat..but I was still fuming mad lah so I didn't pay attention to her...coz I really tot it was absurd! Damn absurd..I can't be too bothered over them whose concern is over the patients or clients....coz the thing is, we did our best to help them...struggling even..and yet, she had to yell at me...infront of my other colleagues that they sort of pitied my plight...and one of them tried to comfort me in a way like u know..coz who in the right mind wouldn't get hurt by her insensitive comments?


Anyway, she tried to take 'revenge' for me and her by dropping in the feedback form into the box....writing some comments about the service. But it was not for real lah....but I tot it was quite funny even though I wasnt the 'revenge' sorta person. Plus, it wasn't directed at her..see..I still have that nice factor in me...


Well...there was another incident that made me unhappy also lah today..but I don't wish to comment. But even though it was partly my fault for overlooking since I was too busie concentrating on the phone calls....but that stupid patient accused me for 'dreaming'....and thinking that she would walk off..she had the nerves to stop by the other counter since she was a Chinese so naturally, she would complain about me in the language with her. But I am not stupidlah....I understand what she said. Gawd...she was making such a rackus over it....then again, unlike SOME PEOPLE...that counter girl told that fat ah soh (fat auntie)....that I was new lah...and onlie there to help them once in awhile. She didn't come approach me like hey..why I offended that patient's mother.


I dunno lah....I hate my life for as long as I am in this job and that is why I am really wishin that I get a new job opportunity soon. U have no idea how everyday I pray hard that I am fortunate enough to get a new job opportunity so that I don't have to face any more ridicules in this dept. I just can't believe that our latest efforts is to go down to childcare centers for the next two months and do this ridiculous puppetries with a giant story book in regards to educating the preschoolers on the importance of eye care. We already did such a thing...minus the stupid puppets anyway....but still, I guessed they tot the preschoolers need to be told again of how important our eyes are. I guess the underlying message should be targetted to the teachers and parents and not just the children. Still, I think they should just stick to giving the schools the giant book with the puppets....and let them do the educating instead of just us and us...and we are like this clumsy people with the giant books with puppets on one hand...gah!! Save me!!





Comments

Popular Posts