Pretty Face!

Hey! I wanna share u some beauty tips..miraculously coming from me..who have little technical know hows..compared to my I.T. knowledge...haha..


If u're like me...who have an oily or imbalanced complexion and sometimes, u get pimples too easily and a dull complexion, I am gonna ask u to do one drastic thing. Try to go without foundation, cream or powder, loose powder...or anything else to cover ur face...to work. Yeah, I know..drastic right? haha....it's like ur showing every single flaw on ur face... Anyway, if u feel naked without it, use baby powder on top of ur moisturiser but not too much as baby powder tends to be white..which absolutely don't match ur skin so use sparingly. Then for touch ups, bring a small bottle of the powder and keep it handy in ur bag. Train urself to be bare face...


Before u label me as crazy or what....and point finger at me saying 'u can lah! i cannot!'..haha..this is for a good cause. Like in a hot weather like Singapore, our skin is easily damaged by the sun or even in the office, when it is sucked dry by the aircon. Then if u have the tendency to have a breakout, instead of lapping one cream or lotion after another, it can do more harm than intended. And also putting on layers and layers of foundation and concealers, won't help that much also even though half the battle is almost won if u have good coverage.



Take it from me...last year, I had a major skin breakout in the form of chicken pox. Though it's onlie for two weeks...the damage it left behind on my face especially, was excruciating. And until now I was thinking..gosh, of all the places to attack the most, it HAD to be my face!!!!!! But wateva it is, I had a major drop in confidence level..not helping at all..as I already had this permanent issue with confidence. Looking at my old pics didn't help either..as I began to appreciate my face then more than now. And u know how ur face is always the first point of contact whenever u meet someone..new or old. So it matters big time. And I did all I can to cover them up..all these irritating brown spots..all over my face...with foundation and layers of concealers. Having to travel from one place to another for work almost everyday didn't help at all. The sunny weather will somehow diminish my hardwork over painting my face....and the brown spots will always show through...though not completely.


Okay, I made a big boo boo too. I didn't have a good facial soap or foam to help improve my skin. I was too scared to use the ones available at supermarkets or pharmacy, the really affordable one as I was afraid of further damage. However, I endured and endured...that I forgot I have these spots sometimes...till i look at the mirror. And bonus comes like three months later, and I could finally get reliable facial pdts from Clinique.


I am a fan of their pdts...though I am still not a big moisturiser fan. It helped me once from a previous breakout...(I don't know why I have so much bad luck..)...that left my skin very raw and irritated...and my pimple scars were apparent on every square inch of my face. After the redness went down, I had blotches and my skin looked old and lifeless. And when my aunt and mum introduced me to Clinique, after a few weeks, my skin texture improved...making it look almost flawless....and months after using it, I even forgot I had such remnants from the breakout.


So, I felt that this time it would me perform some miracles or something. True enough..after one month of constant usage...and diligent swapping with the toner...and a positive thought, I started to see results. At first, it didn't really seem like it was working...but heck, I started to do away with foundation and concealers. I didn't want to clog my skin up. But every morning and night, I'd swap my face with the toner and moisturiser after washing my face..and soon, some areas of my face improved. Having sensitive skin as well...it took time to heal eventually, but after a few months, I saw vast improvements. I felt more confident..and not onlie that, I learnt not to be too reliant on foundation.


So, I'd say....come on gals...reduce the use of foundation, no matter how expensive ur foundation is. U dont have to put it on everyday. I know u're thinking that heck, easy to say. But I have tried it, so I know. Sometimes u think that u have completely removed every single residue from the foundation but u'll never know. I know some gals who are wicked with make up..like they really can make up very well..unlike moi..haha...but if u look at their skin properly...they have blemishes that are pretty bad or their skin looks so dull and lifeless...but onlie saved by the heavy use of make up.


I would say cleansing is still the way to go. Dont sink in too much of ur money solely on makeup like buying those expensive brands. At the end of the day..and no not literally...they can still be damaging if u don't remove properly. If u can't give urself minimum two wks, without foundation...at least try to alternate the usage. Maybe today u wear..the next two days u don't...U should instead have a good investment in facial products that really work for u. Don't get those bombastic sounding ones or the kinds that will merely add a step or two more on top of the basic cleansing products. Get those really basic ones...like facial soap or cleanser..which is suitable for ur skin type...and then followed by toner or take note of this..'clarifying lotion'...it's the same thing lah jz the name change onlie. And also moisturiser.


Get in the habit of cleansing and toning ur face everyday. Moisturiser...erm.....use sparingly too lah because our weather tend to make the moisturiser to have an 'oily' texture on ur face once u start to sweat. Or u can get the oil-free moisturiser for oily skin but again, use sparingly too like say one drop (the size of a 5 cent coin)..and then move in upward movement with ur fingers. If u think not enough, then another drop but this time, focus more on ur neck as it still needs to be moisturised. When it comes to moisturising, less is more.


Then at nite, before u sleep, if u want, u can try to invest in a moisturiser that specifically works for night use. It is at night ur skin is at its most active...that's why u have this dewy look (if u look beyond the eye crusts..and dried saliva)...like hey, so clean ah?! This one..erm..u can afford to put a bit more...since u're just sleeping and not sleepwalking outside. There's no element to promote its clogging.


Oh, last but not least..if u do wear make up or foundation, and use a make up remover..I'd say take a step further after that. Use ur usual toner or clarifying lotion to further remove the makeup. I'd tell ya..u will still see remnants of dirt. The remover removes the make up while the toner removes the greasiness left behind by the make up.


See...U dont need to pay so much for ur facial needs. No need to look completely flawless...a clean and moisturised face is the way to. Don't clog ur skin...reduce the use of make up and foundation to a bare minimum. Like I said, no harm trying hypoallergenic baby powder..like johnson's and johnson's...for alternate days. Going bareface...by just lining ur eyes and lips...reduce the tendency for the clogging of skin and eventually breakouts. Let ur face 'rest' while letting ur other features stand out like I said, ur eyes and lips...so u don't feel like u're at home and not at work..hehe....


Good luck!

Comments

Popular Posts