Me Blind..yet Beautiful

I LOVE MY FEET!

Okay..not maybe lurve......as in u know, lurve...............I mean, basically, since my feet haven't been givin' me the itch and scratch problems anymore (as long as I stick to the same shower foam..heh..), and they don't look all yucky with severe discolourations and unsightly burnt dark and red marks..Oh, so in lurve with them..that I might have a feet fetish, ha! And no longer do I have that unsightly markings of this pair of sandals that I wear, every single day..even on weekends and on every day of work. Now that my feet look nicer a bit, I can afford to rebuild back my shoe collection. And soon enough, I'd say 'hello!' to shorter skirts without traumatized by people staring at my ghastly scars! Ahh..yesssssssss...blissful life indeed.


But hell..now my eyes are giving me problems. I want my new glasses, pronto! I have been traumatised enough, not just by my blank stupiDo face whenever i pass by mirrors in the mall. Right now, my eyes are suffering from the ahem...moi prolonged usage of the contacts and err....accidentally sleeping for like half an hour (reallie it was an accident!) that caused my eyes to be irritated. Once, i took it off after like one of the contacts dropped to dunno where as it no longer has that 'gripping' effect despite lubricating (Gawd..that sounds SO like a condom ad) it. It fell thrice..even with the slightest rubbing of my eye as it could no longer retain moisture. SO be it..I am not at a losing end..as it was just a sample pack. But what a pity..since it is free and all.


And what was the result of writing and walking around with just one lens in one eye? Red eyes..yup..practically bloodshot eyes that even got my supervisor noticing it when I was hovering around his table..(err..too free lah). And like what..he took almost 5 minutes just talking about my sore eyes...until I found myself stuttering coz I had to like..erm...say the same things over and over, as he kept looking at me as if prompting me to keep on saying even though I was u know..done and over it. Whatever it is...I scooted off after this which he then said 'bye!' coz he tot I was leaving early..and I shouted saying 'I'm still here lah!' FYI..we're still NOT good friends or what, k? It's just a matter of pretense..............


Talking about my supervisor..let's talk about my ex supervisor. Gawd...my ex supervisor..yes the one with the infamous name...he is always in hot soup with our dear lady boss. Guess she forgets that you don't have to shout to let the whole dept (especially if it constitutes kaypoh people like me..) hear about it. He is already scrawny looking...and yet, u're adding more burden to our dear sweet 'ol supervisor..i mean..EX supervisor..and ex crush. Yupz..I was lame lah that time..heh. Anyway I still like him wearing white which he did just now..heck..I like yuppy guys to wear crisp white work shirt or whateva u call them. They're so cute..and err..humble looking. DOn't ask.


Anyway, my supervisor's simple remedy to just take out that lens from the right eye (and er..risk my life knocking into some lamp post?!)..had me thinking..uhm..yeah hor? So I did lah coz I tot I looked stupid already..don't make me walk around with just one. And guess what? I still can see (it's a miracle!!)...but of course lah, as if I am blind or something. Just that..I cant make out people's faces, small pictures or numbers except resorting to squinting but this isn't advisable..coz I ahem...trying to maintain a wrinkle-free face. But sometimes I feel..that not seeing..is somewhat a good thing also. You become less self conscious...and the other day when I wear a skirt that shows off my ankle, Iam not wary that I didn't look at my ankles and imagining that people are looking at my almost invisible now...huge dark scars. For once, I am in my own world. And yeah...not looking at people's faces when walking make me less 'desperate'..hehe..in a sense, I don't self consciously look at potential chinese males (good looking..not too chinese looking but still chinese..young macho..with newly developed muscles..and coloured hair, though ah bengs may be seriously disqualified)....and try to match myself to them..k, stupid trend of mine now.


So it's good..definitely good. I guess my spectacles breaking give me this new found of freedom that I never had coz of my heavy reliance on my specs. Hey, maybe I should do this often even my new specs are ready. Anything to give me a boost on my self esteem...and to be in my own little world where my imperfections are almost brought down to zero as I don't feel as though people are looking at me as though i'm weird..and it makes me less desperate looking...err..until the next bus comes along and I need my specs to see the number.

Comments

Popular Posts