I.T. Geek at Work!

hello...

gosh, contact lens can do the weirdest thing to you...like for instance me fugly...damn fugly..as if i am not already......fugbeautiful..heh. I have this totally weird look on my face..that begs to be criticised by some passer-bys..When can i have my decent pair of specs?! It was so bad...that the sales person in the optical shop was kinda looking at me...I dunno what the heck he was looking at. Was it my dressing? My hair? The fact that I am quite blind and still walking around in the shop like I had some perfect vision...puzzled him? I dunno...who cares, coz u know why...I CANT SEE HIS EXPRESSION! Dammit..


but u know what? contact lens..they're amazing stuffs...at least, for other people lah, not me. It's like they have this ability to fit ur corneas (they're the coloured part of ur eyes lah in case u don't know..) and then let u think u do have perfect vision. Plus, they're virtually impossible to detect, unless upon closer inspection if their corneas are smaller than the lens. But those people who look into your eyes in a weird transfixed way, they have nothing better to do. Still, even then...u'd onlie see like a fine ring around the corneas..if they wear lens. I'm talking about that transparent one..not the coloured ones that will change the colour of ur eyes. But just for the record, if u wear such lens...I hope u don't prolong its usage...if possible, stick to the colourless ones..as the pigment in the coloured lens, actually reduce visibility by letting less light to pass through. Plus, there is a risk of the pigment leaking into ur corneas..without u realising it.


Then again...if u don't wear it frequently, it's a nice change of colour lah. But not one of those outstanding colours..not onlie does it change my eye colour dramatically, I'd appear as fake onlie..and worse, people can tell instantly that I wear lens. NOt good..not good...defeats the purpose of contact lens. Whatever it is...they're damn difficult to take care of. Coloured or otherwise. You are not 100% risk free..no matter how careful and hygienic u try to be. Simple reason being each individual is unique...and so are the eyes..and u dont know how highly sensitive ur eyes are..until of course, u get some eye infection that can range from mild to highly infected. I'd say...invest in a pair of cool glasses..which reflects ur personality, whether u like loud designs, or simple ones but with that hint of glamourpuss? Forget about people calling u a geek or something...unless of course u wear ur grandfather's glasses ...still, would u care to have a healthy looking (not necessarily having the ability to see clearly) pair of eyes, or ones shrouded in 'cloudness' or angry red blood vessels?


Talking about being a geek...I feel like I'm such a closet I.T. geek. I learn new I.T. information almost everyday..and I especially, have the interest on reading about pc troubleshooting..in the software aspect. It's like..wow...u don't even know such things exist in ur pc..which actually have the ability to restore back ur system..or contain information about ur pc..that are so vital yet often overlooked. Like for instance, do you know that if u can get a certain timeframe before ur pc starts to do 'funny' things like having weird pop up messages or something, u can actually backtrack to the day before ur pc behaves in such manner? It can eliminate the problems and u dont even have to reformat ur system, like what many people usually do. But u know..not all problems can be solved this way, especially if ur internal hardware components are not functioning at its best, sometimes because of prolonged usage in a non air-conditioned environment. I'd say...if u have been doing ur work on ur pc or laptop non stop..give urself AND those IT gadgets of urs a rest. HRm...give them a rest more..who cares about u..hahaha..


Okay..and I am gonna sound quite harsh in this..but sometimes most problems associated with our desktop or laptop stem from us. Yes, us..the users. Like the computer won't start to download some data that can crash the system..if we haven't gone to the website with such data. Or click that potentially dangerous email attachment with the obvious clue in its name..that it can do harm to ur computer.


Whatever it is..as much as ur pc helps you to do like so many things...it is also very vulnerable. Save yourself the trouble or money of having to frequently call up the I.T. helpline or worse still, bring ur pc or laptop for repair every time ur system crash...say..like OFTEN? Trust me..whether the company u bought ur 'baby' from is some well known company or that it costs almost half more or twice than ur monthly salary...I'd say...it is still vulnerable. Period. Download onlie when u think the source is reliable..or that it does not pose a big risk. Not sure? Better not download then..I will say better safe than sorry. Or invest in an anti virus software and let it be scanned by this software for potential viruses that can do much damage to ur system. However, don't be too reliant on this software too...it does not spot ALL the virus. It can also practically give u a thumbs up for that particular software...and once u download, that's it..and there u are scratching ur head thinking..'I tot I ran it under the anti virus already?'


Simple reason. People are constantly thinking up concoctions of potential viruses more than the number of wet dreams that they have. It's so rapid that such softwares are deemed 'obsolete' when it comes to detecting the various viruses..that are either very new..or has been re-altered in its coding till beyond recognition or its previous counterparts. It's like a war out there..on who can crash the most systems and not being discovered. I'd say........download from reliable sources. If u are out there..looking for software downloads, say....an mp3 converter? Can go to download.com or maybe tucows.com and read the review, check the number of downloads..the rating......before downloading instead of downloading straight from some website provided by ur search engine. Chances are..when it is listed in such legal download websites, it is mostly likely placed under stringest tests by the staff, for example testing its usability (like uhm..how useful it claims to be..)..before it will be placed under the web's software library. U can read more about the rating system..such as that from tucows.com from this website.. http://www.tucows.com/about/rating

Okay..this is a lesser known fact lah that most people don't know..provided by urs truly of course.....as one of the ways in making sure that the programme u r about to download is considered 'safe' enough. Haha...better not write too much lah otherwise my hp number will be turned into some I.T. helpline. I would still claim to be an idiot in the field of I.T. lah..hehe...or at least, pretend to be...because..uhm...there is more to Rahayu than onlie calling her for the purpose of solving or explaining their computer problems...*whistling and rolling eyes*...... ;P

Comments

Popular Posts