New SPecs on the Way!

hrm...how is it people can wear contact lens on a daily basis unlike moi? When I trrryyyyyyy to wear lens, it's like as if I'm exposing my naked face to the whole world..and it's not a very good thing. I feel like my eyes are not proportionate to my broad face, except for the eyebrows, nose and mouth. My eyes feel so insignificant...k, I was just being paranoid as I wear specs all the time, which to me, not onlie help me see the world, but also hide my imperfections, which is the mind boggling 'disproportionate to the whole face' eyes..


besides, I also wonder how people can even afford the luxury of time, trying to disinfect the lens, then trying to insert them into their eyes..right onto their corneas. Gosh, to me that's simply inserting a foreign object. I guess the fact that my eyes are not relaxed whenever I have to wear lens, for some occasions, that I tend to tear and at times, it can be a bit 'burning'. But it won't last that long...I just have to blink and relax my eyes. Still, I hate to wear contact lens.


And doesnt mean that lens help to portray my latest eye shadow colour, I am still subjected to NOT being so conscious about it. I always have this gnawing feeling that something is in my eyes...and I can't help but to blink quite often as there is absolutely no comfort to it. So, I don't feel beautiful..or even pretty wearing my lens even if it means people think that I have super vision as i'm sans specs.


Okay, for one thing, contact lens are not that cheap. So, in one way, I try to save money by limiting the use of my lens so I can go beyond one month for each pair...kkekee....yeah, I know...I know...it's not good but hey, if you are not a frequent user of the lens, it means there is less germ right? Just have to make sure the solution in the lens cover is unused when u soak the lens. Don't reuse it..as it already contains any impurities from the lens like protein build up and dust.


And oh yeah...yesterday I learnt a painful lesson. Never sleep..not even when u are just nappin for like 15 minutes onlie when u are wearing lens. A big no-no. Coz ur lens will be dry and taking it out is so hard. And u can get bloodshot eyes when u attempt to remove the lens..IF u can. I tot my eyes were permanently damaged or something when I just couldn't remove the lens on my left eye. It's like I can't even feel my lens! I'm like..'shit! where is it?' But I know it's still on my cornea lah when I still can see..as if I'm wearing my glasses. But I guess, after almost 5 minutes of fumbling, and keeping my eyes open, the last time I tried again, it slipped off to one corner of my eyes. Gawd....I really tot I was going to need surgery to have it removed..haha..My eyes still had that small red dot of blood..indicating that I could have injured the surrounding vein, as I had to pinch to remove the lens from the cornea. But if it was a swift and quick movement, it wouldn't have happen. But it was practically stuck on it yesterday....oh well....it'd be back to normal.


Oh, by the way....yesterday, I just HAD to buy a new pair of glasses as I ahem..broke mine. Gosh, it's like I have been toying with the idea if I should be getting a new pair but since I quite recently bought a 6 monthly pack of disposable lens, that cost me nearly 200 bucks..I tot it wouldn't be a good time. But since I am a daily user of the specs, it is subjected to wear and tear...both frames and lens. Thus, my glasses wasn't in its best condition despite me wiping the glasses often. But the lens had 'patches' on it ...something like the stains made from water droplets that it's impossible to remove. It just shows that the top layer has given away..and the tiny scratches on the lens, are not helping me either. And the frame is bendy already from prolong use..as my face is quite broad, so constant stretching of the frame make it less flexible to retain its old shape after more than 3 years of usage. Therefore, it tends to slip off my face, downwards a bit, that I had to push it off so it won't drop off from my face. At times, it would actually slip off if i even looked down...and coz of these signs, I knew I had to get a new pair.


But ah...yesterday, I broke it..coz it was on my bed..hehe..but at the very least, it would onlie lose its shape and i had to 'mould' it back to the right one. But I guess, the metal is weak already from constant exposure to my sweat glands, the weather and me meddling with it to straighten it back...that it broke instantly. The connecting metal piece from the frame to the stem..practically broke into two. It was just like my previous specs too which lasted over the same duration.


Okay..okay...so I had no choice but to get a new pair...haiz...Don't know if it's me or what...but the designs have been somewhat..ugly. Wrong colour combi..wrong this wrong that..I wonder if people actually wear them. But I had to get the plastic ones..as my skin is sensitive to metal. So haiz...I took a while just to find a decent pair..that looks er..decent..without some odd duo colours attached to it. I don't even know if it should even be called duo...when they are by far, not complimenting of each other.


And.............I found out something miraculous about my degrees. It went down..and the optician thought that the degree given to me for my left eye...is overpowering. Meaning that the previous optician gave me too high a degree. Actually, I didnt think so. I was thinking that she gave the correct one..just that perhaps my degree had gone down. Coz u see...for a long time, I wore them I had no problem. But recently onlie that I noticed that I can't see as well as I did previously, like I felt as if my degree went up or something. So, it was quite blurry..but I didn't imagine that it was because my degree had gone down instead of up that caused the bluriness. Amazing isn't it? The optician tot I went to those cheap stores...but actually nolah..I was so compelled to inform her that it was the same company as hers..just a different branch, but what the heck..too lazy to say.


K..so right now, while waiting for my specs to be ready, I have to wear lens..haiz..okay, okay...the onlie consolation I can give to them is that, it's clearer. Because for once, there is no scratches..no uglie patches..and it doesn't block out much of the sun's rays as my lens. So it's much clearer, but I have to get used to the sun's rays..hehe..everything is so glaring suddenly.


Okay..hear from me again!

Comments

Popular Posts