New Free Rip-off Ringtone!

Alrite!
I am so incorrigible or something....haha....i ripped off a paid ringtone sound file off some local website (can't disclose the name) without paying the $2.50 and some airtime charges (u know when u download from the Web via ur fon)...And it all started with the website's own player which was having some technical flaw. Like u know when u want to listen to a preview of the ringtone, and then it would auto play on their embedded music player. It was having some prob and I was not able to play the .wav file but I managed to do something about it and then let it play on my pc's windows media player instead.




Okay..okay..I still paid the airtime charges which proved fruitless anyway coz in the end, it said that I am not some paid subscriber or something although i tot I am...infact, this website has so many log in problems..I don't even know where to begin! See...that's what happen if u have so many log in pages...and even though they sorta synchronise into one log in page something like hubbing (oopss..) but if u're lucky, u get through...if not, even ur mother's maiden name won't even help! K, that was one of the requirements which I defaulted to verify if u are the real user of the er..username. I was like...'how many names does my mum have?!!!!' and of course, they can't even verify my i.c. number and that got me stumped. They don't have an EXISTING record..like what the?! All this time when I use my handphone, who am i paying to?! Alrite...then I got a brainwave. I tot...hrm...what if I....am able to save this file and download the sound file into my own pc and then to my hp via cable connection. Okay...at first, I tot it was as easy as just transferring from pc to hp but it took awhile as the sound file was in .wav and this nokia pc insync onlie recognise .mp3 files.


So........i got yet another brainwave. Why don't I go to the net and search for some trial or free version of a wav to mp3 converter. First I did a search but it was like...hrm...yawns...mz pay this pay that. I went to tucows.com (love ya guys!) did a search, and my second download (Voila!) was successful and it had wat i wanted. It took me like less than 5 min to figure out how to use but it was quite easy as u can't go wrong that much as it had very few buttons sorta like ur mini sound player. Okaylah, it helps if u have some knowledge at hand as to what some of the technical words mean...hee..still, it's manageable.



Then lo and behold, with just a simple click to 'encode'...after messing a bit with the software, i successfully converted the .wav file to an .mp3 file. And i tried to plug in the cable again from my pc to hp and waited for the nokia software to load. And guess what?!! It finally recognise the file since now it is an official MP3 file..bwahahaha!! Since it's a small file of around 330kb onlie..compared to a full length mp3 file...(as its origin was actually a ringtone)...it was a very quick download. And yes...I HAVE A NEW RINGTONE! Ha! take that...without paying a cent!
See..I am kind enough to tell u my tricks. But I am not promoting the software lah...coz obviously, they're not paying me...but u can do a search for a .wav to .mp3 converter. Like how neil buchanan of Art Attack always says....'Try it Yourself!'..but don't tell them i told u.




Hey, by the way, if u are not using a nokia hp, it's still possible because current hp models come with a software right? Like I know motorola's hp has a usb port right on the hp itself so u jz need a normal usb wire to connect from pc to fon. Jz follow the procedures I told you, save it to desktop as it's easier..u don't have to search every freakin folder whn u forget where u save....then transfer to the provided software. U can transfer from there to ur hp via the USB connection. see ya!

Comments

Popular Posts