Skip to main content

Stocking Up with The Extra Dough

I don't want to be materialistic anymore. I came to the conclusion when I learn about how people give away their money, even millions, because they are tired of leading an extravagant lifestyle while others are suffering and would rather lead a simple comfortable life. I also read of an article of someone who work longer hours than others just to save up enough to be able to donate to others and even donated quite a large amount to a school so that they can have their own library. Very humble and noble acts indeed. Just as you think that we have enough drama in life already with people getting more and more materialistic and self centered. 


But then, I have been on both ends of the stick. I don't spend much and only spend a bit more if I have the extra dough. While I could justify my acts of materialism recently because I haven't been spending on myself for the longest time eva,  I just could not fathom the fact that I bought 5 new pairs of shoes?! And also almost $70 was spent during the Mango sales. I know I've mentioned this before but the guilt has just multiplied right after I read about these recent articles.


Oh well, sometimes it takes something of significant meaning to jolt you a bit and remind you that hey, it's time for you to take a rain check. Anyway, don't mind me. If you have read me long enough, you know I tend to ramble. This sense of guilt is temporary I guess but I understand where I am coming from coz I haven't been spending and the fact that I'm the sole breadwinner, adds to the guilt. 


But what's done cannot be undone, right? I can only redeem myself by not buying another pair of shoes for the next few months or maybe until March when I get my performance bonus. That is shopping justified coz it's extra money, mah..hehe. But of course, if you recalled my last post on my sucky PB this year, I will not anticipate a huge amount again coz anything can happen. If I get more, than that's good. Less, well, it will still suck but I won't harp on it. I'm not exactly model worker of the year like my other colleagues, including my boss who got herself $1K given by the school for her outstanding performance.


So you know what, let's end the story here. I shall stop being guilt ridden and be happy that I can afford to buy them and that I didn't go overboard coz they're basically items on sales and I should make use of this time to stock up when I have the money. It's okay to be materialistic as long as you spend within your means, not resorting to borrowing and also that you pay your bills when due. Oh, and save up as and when you can, no matter how small the amount is.


It's fool proof I guess...

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...