Back from Johor

As you know, in my last post, I mentioned about my trip to Johor in Malaysia with my colleagues and it was a fun and educational trip and I tried not to sound too sarcastic about it coz I am still sore we didn't go shopping coz of time constraint :(


But I guess an overseas travel is always a good exposure coz not only do you learn more about the country but at times, you also learn to appreciate what you have in your own country. Malaysia is a very big country so I don't expect them to take care of every single thing in their country like every nooks and crannies although I think they can do less with the political dramas and more on helping their fellow countrymen. Throughout my journey in the bus, minus the failed attempts to sleep especially with the movie sounds blasting at high volume -_- to entertain us, I also thought that well, I seriously cannot survive here. It's a freaking vast country and I cannot imagine just to buy bread, being the always absent minded me for often forgetting at least one grocery item, I have to travel back another one hour.


Anyway, here are the pics! I've got more pics on my facebook but basically these are some of the highlights.


One of the farms we visited..an organic mushroom

It was a big bus so some of us had two seats to ourselves

The obvious highlight of the trip..gonna see fireflies!

Kampung house...nice right?

First time wearing a life jacket

A lot of these makeshift houses and stalls

Beautiful night with the light reflections on the water
Okay I actually made another trip to Johor just yesterday coz my mum said I didn't buy her enough chocolates..sigh. So my aunt accompanied me to the part of Johor nearer to the causeway so that I can buy more stuffs with the leftover ringgit currencies which I had plenty of coz of the non shopping last Friday. Buses so packed coz it was Sunday and many people from Singapore love to go there and buy the cheaper products. But luckily it wasn't a long trip coz from where we were, it was like about a few bus stops away only. So it took me like half a day only.


But like I said earlier on, I still prefer being in my country despite the higher cost of living here coz almost everywhere is well connected and the pedestrian crossings here are..well...designated to be pedestrian crossings :S Whatever it is, every country has its pros and cons. For me, I still think they charge way too much utilities bills and my sufferings every month to clear them is my prove of them. 


I would say being with my colleagues were fun especially the I.T. guy was such an entertainer, though he christened one of the monkeys we saw at the telephone cable line as Danny, after the boyish looking Malaysian actor who came to the farm few days before I was there! Boo...bad planning I say, bad planning..haha..just kidding. The organizer of this trip had a big headache trying to get all of us to go..


I hope they plan another overseas trip like this again next year but preferably with a hotel stay..haha..too much to ask for, I know.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts