Skip to main content

Back from Johor

As you know, in my last post, I mentioned about my trip to Johor in Malaysia with my colleagues and it was a fun and educational trip and I tried not to sound too sarcastic about it coz I am still sore we didn't go shopping coz of time constraint :(


But I guess an overseas travel is always a good exposure coz not only do you learn more about the country but at times, you also learn to appreciate what you have in your own country. Malaysia is a very big country so I don't expect them to take care of every single thing in their country like every nooks and crannies although I think they can do less with the political dramas and more on helping their fellow countrymen. Throughout my journey in the bus, minus the failed attempts to sleep especially with the movie sounds blasting at high volume -_- to entertain us, I also thought that well, I seriously cannot survive here. It's a freaking vast country and I cannot imagine just to buy bread, being the always absent minded me for often forgetting at least one grocery item, I have to travel back another one hour.


Anyway, here are the pics! I've got more pics on my facebook but basically these are some of the highlights.


One of the farms we visited..an organic mushroom

It was a big bus so some of us had two seats to ourselves

The obvious highlight of the trip..gonna see fireflies!

Kampung house...nice right?

First time wearing a life jacket

A lot of these makeshift houses and stalls

Beautiful night with the light reflections on the water
Okay I actually made another trip to Johor just yesterday coz my mum said I didn't buy her enough chocolates..sigh. So my aunt accompanied me to the part of Johor nearer to the causeway so that I can buy more stuffs with the leftover ringgit currencies which I had plenty of coz of the non shopping last Friday. Buses so packed coz it was Sunday and many people from Singapore love to go there and buy the cheaper products. But luckily it wasn't a long trip coz from where we were, it was like about a few bus stops away only. So it took me like half a day only.


But like I said earlier on, I still prefer being in my country despite the higher cost of living here coz almost everywhere is well connected and the pedestrian crossings here are..well...designated to be pedestrian crossings :S Whatever it is, every country has its pros and cons. For me, I still think they charge way too much utilities bills and my sufferings every month to clear them is my prove of them. 


I would say being with my colleagues were fun especially the I.T. guy was such an entertainer, though he christened one of the monkeys we saw at the telephone cable line as Danny, after the boyish looking Malaysian actor who came to the farm few days before I was there! Boo...bad planning I say, bad planning..haha..just kidding. The organizer of this trip had a big headache trying to get all of us to go..


I hope they plan another overseas trip like this again next year but preferably with a hotel stay..haha..too much to ask for, I know.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...