Skip to main content

Leading Life Fearlessly

I have recently known one person, a young woman to be precise, whom I admire her fearlessness in terms of she does what she wants or people can think of her as what they want coz she wouldn't even care anyway. She's not fearless like she'll jump into any ocean if you dare her, but just in case, we shall not dare her as well..hehe. She mingles around with everybody and doesn't choose whom she wants to get close with. Even for cleaners or school attendants, she'll just go ahead and interact with them and asked if everyone was okay. I knew her for some time but not as close coz she works in another section. It was funny when she tried to take a photo of the chili sauce and my colleague asked, why did she take the photo of the sauce, and her simple reply was that, well, it's free so she can just take a photo of it. And then, when she mispronounced a Chinese word to sound it like 'pink', and my colleague tried to correct her, she said, well she didn't care coz it's easier for her to understand and remember anyway. Then while other people, who had their lunch like an hour ago, and still full from them, she bought ice cream and just ate it in view of everyone coz she couldn't care less about it since it's not like every day she gets to eat a unique ice cream from Malaysia.
Interesting, eh? Far contrast from me who basically is calculative about what I eat and thinks too much about how I look, of which more than 90% of the time, I felt fat..heh. Who says you can't have the cake and eat it too? Like a fellow blogger said, you can remove the mirrors in your house, wear a pair of jeans in a size bigger, exercise more, but you just cannot let go of the opportunity to eat a good cake! True true..coz life is short.
So I'm slowly learning to not be so uptight over certain things especially over my weight though yes, in due time I still hope I can lose some kilos. But I felt that at the moment, I am trying my best, well most of the time anyway, to watch what I eat and exercise more if I have to, and see if my weight comes down. But I won't deprive myself and I will eat if I want to because can't always say no to good food, right? Meanwhile, I should learn to love myself, and not start loving myself when I get thinner coz you should be happy with yourself at any other time. Do what you can to make yourself feel better even if you have to lose some weight. Just don't be too caught up doing it that you forget to appreciate yourself for who you really are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...