Get my Shape in Shape

I was surfing the internet just now and I found out that Tyra Banks had lost weight! Now she's an advocate of being who you are, no matter what size you are, and that you can still be hot. She had taken a lot of flak for her weight gain which was a far cry from her modelling days and despite being under the glares of media, she stood by her own self beliefs and wanted every other women to feel about themselves.


But lately, for the sake of health, she decided to lose the weight. Within 6 months, she had successfully done so though she did struggle for quite a bit in the beginning because she was put on fad diets that didn't work for her. And now she's back to her modelling glory days when she was a lot slimmer.


Though the emphasis here was not her trying to fit in to the society's norm of what size she should be, in true sense, she did it out of making herself healthier coz she at one point, her weight gain was attributed to her love for junk food.


You can argue that she's a celebrity so she has a lot of help in her weight loss but bottom line is, it takes a lot of self discipline. You just have to get it in your mind that you want to be healthier so you have to be kinder to your body by not letting yourself be fed with a lot of junk food or high cholesterol food because eventually, it will take a toll on you. Tyra Banks suffered from irritable bowel syndrome and after going on a this weight loss programme, designed specially by a hired nutritionist, she is no longer had the attack.


Personally, while I did manage to lose some weight this year as well as  achieve a leaner look thanks to the elliptical machine and various other gym equipments, I would say I'm still rather disappointed that I have not reached my target weight. While I'm quite okay with how I look at this point of time, I still want to have a slimmer tummy..haha. It's pretty annoying when you wear a top and then your lower tummy bulges out. Sucking in can only do so much...hee...although at all times, you should not inflate your tummy and maintain your core muscle by sucking in a bit throughout while you carry out your daily routines.


Okay, so how did Tyra Banks did it? It's pretty simple actually. She relied on a sensible diet and work out often. And also, she relied on the power of the pen by recording each and every food that she eats so that she has an idea what she is eating and knows where she needs to work on.

Wow, what a true inspiration. I'm going to learn from her and you should too if your new year resolution every year is to lose weight, and has not successfully done so or has very  little success rate like me. I sometimes fall victims to snacks coz I have admitted in the past, that I am, in true virtue, a snacking queen though in recent times my snack choices are limited, unhealthy snacking is still unhealthy snacking. 


But now, no more excuses. You can lose weight the healthy way. There is no absolute short cut but if you are determined, you are on the way to being in shape, my dear readers.


Say the pledge to yourself:


"I am better to make myself a better person


I deserve this


My loved ones who care about me deserves this


They want me to stick around and be my best


most healthy person I can be


and this is my time to do it. 


I am ready to get my shape in shape"


Tyra Show Get in Shape

 Lose Weight Like Tyra





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts