If You Bite It, Write It.

Tyra Banks says that if you bite, you have to write it. Today was the start of me writing a food diary. I wanted to start earlier coz I know it will help me watch what I eat especially if I don't want to write down those food that I would rather not eat. As I began to start writing, I also realised why I may not have lose weight successfully for health reasons. I am being well fed! haha..First, at my workplace where every now and then, people will be kind enough to give us food and trust me, they're not all bad. Infact, just now I ate one piece of chewy jr's cream puff with cheddar cheese on top. That was enough to not let me eat the small muffin cakes my mum packed for me *sigh* but I kept them in the fridge for tomorrow instead. Okay, so that is for work. Nowadays my mum will cook on certain days so it's never just a small pathetic helping but a generous one instead though I will skip on piling up some more once I'm done. Since I know when I go home I am going to eat, I will try to eat lesser during the day so that I don't put gain weight too easily like how I did previously last two years when I basically started eating and eating what people offer at my work place coz I find it hard to turn them away..haha.


So I learnt my lesson and had to work extra hard to get those extra weight off and knowing the difficulty of doing that, I basically cut down what I eat on my own if I get such food offers. The only downside to it is that I have stagnated in terms of my weight number since like last August which means it's neither moving up or down which sucks lah coz I would rather it goes down not coz I'm so number conscious but coz I'm still at the unhealthy weight level.


Judging from my food diary, I guess I'm improving just a bit like take note, I didn't eat the muffins my mum had packaged for me. From what I have eaten, if there's one or two things that I lack, I lack vegetables unless you count the giant roasted seeweed as vegetable..haha. I forgot to buy the pre packed washed vegetables at the supermarket which I am planning to eat with wholemeal bread at work starting from tomorrow to sneak in some vegetable input during my lunch. I would have remembered it if I have not forgotten to bring back my new food diary which also double up as a diary of sorts for me like a to do list.


Well, it's alright. I would say baby steps. At least now I'm a bit more aware of what I eat like I just don't want to anyhow write in my food diary. I want, as much as possible, write healthier food choices that I have eaten, to be written in my diary instead so that I will feel good about myself that I am on the right track to healthier living.


I am going to give myself a six months period to lose 7 kilograms because based on what I have read so far, those people who have successfully lose quite a significant amount of weight is around this time period as well. So now it's just one day, no biggie. I will learn to improve on it though I can't say no when my mum offered me the small muffin just now after dinner. Oh well. I'm not on a diet and I can eat whatever I want as long as I don't go overboard and that more than 80% of the time, I choose to eat healthy and regularly. Oh, and perform simple exercises daily like just now, when I walked instead of taking the feeder bus. All this actually counts into a healthier living.


I'm really looking forward to losing the 7 kilograms and I take that challenge on my own though it will be more fun with peers. Who knows I will FINALLY get rid of my tummy bulge...hehe. For now, have to live with it or hide it.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts