Last Post of 2011

Wow..unbelievable. We're just one day shy of a brand new year :). So how was the year for you? Managed to follow through your resolutions or it's back to square one again as of next year? haha..


For me, it was alright. Honestly, it wasn't so fantastic but I'm just glad that I managed to pull through and still be in one piece. It wasn't a problem free year. There were a lot of bumps along the way which I have ranted here time and time again. I started a savings scheme but it sorta went down the drain quite a bit due to the transfer of ownership for my house which was also tied up to the outstanding payment of almost $1K to the town council which I was struggling big time to pay. The handover was so quick in less than 5 minutes but it was the preparation of documents and payments as well that took so long to do. 


But it's all behind us now and this house has been officially taken care of for as long as I have a job. 


This year I was more focused health wise after my weight gain in 2009. I started to go gym every week and even though every Sunday morning, I faced lethargy coz seriously, I would rather wake up later but I was very determined to get through the almost 2 hour of cardio and weight exercises so just be it. Though I didn't lose much, I realise that clothes do fit me better and I don't fall sick easily. In fact, I don't recall having flu and fever and though I do have bouts of tummy ache or maybe headaches, they're just stress related and I manage to overcome them with a good night's sleep. Of course next year, I will continue to work hard to shed those extra kilos and enter another lesser weight range. 


Despite the hiccups I faced with the housing and conservancy fees which drained my savings, I was quite glad that I managed to salvage a bit of the savings by my last pay day of the year. At least I know I could shop with a peace of mind coz of the spare cash which explained why I have 5 (ok fine, 6 now) pairs of shoes while I will usually get just one or at most 2 pairs. I have also opened up a new savings account this year and I will learn to better manage this account next year. Rooms for improvement in terms of my budgeting skills coz I think I can still go far as ultimately, I just want to make sure there is some emergency cash as you will never know what will happen tomorrow.


Speaking of which, my mum fell ill mid of this year. Actually she hasn't been well since last year, but this year, after a visit to the polyclinic, she was sent straight to the hospital coz of her dangerously low blood count. Though she's better now, she is still not so strong but it's also partly due to her age. I remembered shuttling back and forth from my workplace to the hospital and then back home. It was draining me but I persevered. This episode also taught me and my brother to learn to be independent and after so long, I finally dabbled in housework which include doing the laundry and cleaning the living room in the morning before I go to work which means I will wake up earlier than usual. I will also iron my own skirt but just recently, she wants to do it for me so that I will have time to get ready. Before this I won't touch all these work not coz I don't want to but my mum just want to have control over this. She still does the laundry but I also help out in terms of doing my own laundry though yes, coz I will be so shagged after work, I don't do laundry like almost every day. 


Friends wise, I'm glad I have my besties and our friendship has gone even stronger now. They are there for me during my difficult times and I try to be there for them when they need help or companionship. I will not trade them for anything. This year, me and my good friends decide to try something different like planning surprise gatherings and tomorrow is my turn and I have things in store for them :). We are going to usher in the new year together for the first time. I still don't know how it is going to turn out coz of the crowd, but it's okay, I told them what is more important is that we have each other on the very first day of 2011 which marks another year of our friendship.


Love life, hrm...still absent but I can't deny that I do have interested parties but I didn't act on them. I just am not ready or they're just not the right sort of people for me so I don't wish to lead them on either. Maybe next year, I will have better prospects? Oh well..


Yes people, I still love me dramas and at one short period of time, I was obsessed with this one korean drama called Life is Beautiful. I still think that it is a good drama but I'm finally beaten down by the slow downloading of the drama online. I have put up with it and i guess it has come to a point, enough is enough. Still, I enjoyed every moment of it. I meant the show, not the process of downloading.


It has been rather quiet on the soap drama side though sadly As the World Turns, has ended its run after many many years. This year, they gave us the character called Dr Reid Oliver who was well loved by the fans despite being new and erm..rather obnoxious as he was seriously lacking people skills. But in the end, he actually did have a heart of gold and even on his death bed, he showed us what a strong and kind character he was when he donated his heart to a rival doctor who was competing with him for the chief post. Dr Reid, I've said it before and I say it again. I miss you :(


As usual too, I have my fair share of erm...'crappy but I'm loving every minute' shows but this one is a bit different coz I do enjoy the storyline. Well the only one out of the rest of the storyline and I'm talking about the remake of Beverly Hills 90210, now simply known as just 90210.I would say it's my guilty pleasure.


I still go weak in my knees when I watch such sweet scenes that my heart also gets intoxicated. Yesterday I watched one of those scenes as well where he finally gave in to love because for once, he stops imagining on what other people have to say and just simply go for it. I still don't go for those big budgeted movies. Often I find indie films have more heart and soul in their storyline though they're not as well written. Still, there are usually a few scene stealers that capture the audience attention and sometimes, that is all that matters.


Oh, and I have been writing this blog very regularly. I'm glad to know that I do have some loyal readers and I'm sorry if I ever sound repetitive coz it's just me, being long winded. I also have some new readers who stumbled upon my blog coz this year, I took on a slightly different approach and I have some lifestyle posts to help young women like me who is struggling to lose weight or have low self esteem issues coz I just want to let them know, they are not alone. Whatever I do or read, if I find them useful, I will write here. It's always good to share so that we can all learn as well. 

I have also watched many make up videos and I enjoy watching the makeup geek channel coz I just love her personality and her make up skills are fab. She's also all about girl power as she has gone through a lot in life but finds her strength in make up and she really puts her heart and soul into this career as a make up artist. For me, I watch it as I want to improve on my personal grooming. I have also taken better care of my skin and hair coz I believe that it's not just important to take care of your inner beauty but also your outer beauty. I also believe that ultimately, you should be doing it for yourself and not just to attract guys coz you only have this one body so you jolly well take good care of it.


This year, I have failed to follow through my creative stand and I just feel so unmotivated like as if I simply have no inspiration at all like totally zilch. I did discover the magic of manipulating the photos without resorting to photoshop and it's so quick and easy, people think I took ages to do them up so nicely. I guess you can say, next year I will aim to be more creative coz a creative mind helps you to become sharper so that you don't go senile so fast, haha.

Oh yah, when it comes to work, I still think I have a long way to go but the best thing of all is of course, getting compliments from my boss when I performed well in something that I had little help in especially from my other colleague. She was totally not in this area except for the payment to the vendors who helped to distribute the free uniform and textbooks so I can't really consult her. You can say I'm pretty much on my own and I have to ask my boss instead :S But despite the one or two hiccups, she said I was very organized this year and I must say, she is proud of me. I hope this will equate to a better performance bonus this year as opposed to this year's paltry amount which I complained non stop early this year. I'm not doing this for money but seriously, it was so freaking low I had to top it up with my own current savings just to round off the figure a bit.


So what's my new year resolution? As usual, work extra hard to be healthier for my sake and for my family's sake as I don't want to end up paying for my medical expenses as well. Of course it's always good to drop the pounds too lah but it's just a number. I also want to be more focused on my budget by streamlining my bills so that I don't have so much outstanding amount and aim to lower the bill amount every month by cutting down where I can. It always feel good to have a phone at my own wokstation, hehe. I want to cut down on unnecessary spending and not buy a bag just for the sake of buying a bag and then in the end, felt that it wasn't a good purchase even though it was dirt cheap. It's always good to just hold out for something better and of better quality.

So from the very bottom of my heart, have a HAPPY NEW YEAR :) Usher in 2011 with an open heart and mind.









follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts