I Wanna Look Hot like Them

Most of the times, I don't feel hot. It's just hard but I know we girls can look hot, if we wanted to. This is a given age where we can afford to look and feel good and I just am so encouraged also by those young mummies, despite having children, still look damn hawt. Okay I know I'm not quite there yet since I'm still single and enjoying the freedom and not being bogged down by the duty calls of a mother and wife. Don't even talk about those young mummies but the pretty young things who are deemed as the hot girlfriend. The things we do sometimes to please our men, haha..


So why am I fretting over this? To be honest with you, given my height and curves in the right places (well, almost strategically) and how my silhouette is leaner than in the past, where I can't tell the difference between my waistline and my hips..heh...there is always this sense of dissatisfaction with myself and I tell ya, it's seriously freaking annoying.


But positive affirmations always help...though now I know why you need a DAILY reminder instead of just a one off affirmation and off you go, for the rest of your life..haha..I guess I have not come to a point where I am completely satisfied with my own physical self but it's a common thing for many of us to always find faults rather than to see the good side of things, eh? We often forget that we are unique individuals.


Therefore nowadays, I tell myself that it's not that I don't do anything at all to change how I look coz I'm still in the process of getting to my ideal weight so that's a good thing. It's not about wanting to finally blend in with the other hot girls. It's a matter of loving ourselves so much so that we don't want to just think negative thoughts and  pull down our self esteem. Rather, we want to do something that make us feel good inside and out. No point being jealous of other girls when there you are, too lazy to lift a finger to change your outlook on life. Like why be jealous of people's accomplishments when you yourself is capable of accomplishing greater things in life. You can certainly learn from them but not be jealous that you turn yourself into an ugly person...even if people think you are hot.


So, if you are one of those girls who face such dilemmas on an almost daily basis, I just share some tips that we can use to make life easier for us..haha..


  • I've talked about wearing clothes that fit you to a T. But the right combination of colours, print and types can make you look good. The best is to take a good hard look at what you already have in your wardrobe and see what combinations you can think of instead of just simply buying blindly, more often just coz the items are on sale :S. From there, plan on what to get based on what you already have so that you can have even more combinations. Saves cost too!
  • Concentrate on making yourself look good. a little make up helps to play up your features. The best shades of make up are those nude colours like light brown with a hint of shimmer so that your eyes sparkle. A little bit of definition also helps such as using an eyeliner and mascara. Well groomed eyebrows are a must also. If there's a need, trim off some eyebrow strays and then use vaseline and pat them on your eyebrows for a more sleek look.
  • Don't be lazy in removing your make up before you sleep! If you are super lazy, the best is to get the make up remover wipes. On some nights, you can put a facial mask, pat your face dry after about 10 to 15 minutes, slather on night moisturizer and go to bed! You wake up with a more refreshed looking face.
  • Your hair must look good which means frequent washing. Using a hair serum also works in taming your hair so that it looks more sleek and sexy. You can read up the local beauty blogs for more tips and recommendations of hair products.
  • Okay I know this may sound vain, but once in awhile, do check on how you look coz chances are, you won't look like how you looked like when you first step out of the house looking well groomed..haha..For instance, your hair may have a few strays and there, your face looks super oily and then your skirt may crease up at the back. It's best to maintain a well groomed appearance at all times by doing some touch ups. But please, do it in the privacy of the public toilet or some private corner and not in full view of the crowd. We don't need to tell the whole world we fake our flawless complexion..heh...
So from here, I believe the best is not to be jealous of other well groomed ladies but learn from them such as how they carry themselves without bordering on being sl*tty. Also start loving yourself and do things that help yourself in a positive manner instead of always demeaning yourself coz over the long term, it will be very hard to shake off that nasty overshadowing cloud.


Or we can always chant this to ourselves 'If they can be hot, so can I!' or say 'I am even hotter than them..so hot I sizzle! pssst...' Okay that's a bit much.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts