Skip to main content

Johor, Here I Come!

I will be going to....Johore Bahru, Malaysia!! Been a long time. A LONG LONG time. Okay I passed by it before when I went to K.L. and Malacca last year. But never really got down to taking in the sights and sound. The last time I went there was when I was in primary 2 or 3 to visit my relatives who have a house there. Anyway, I'm sure it will be fun :) I know a lot of Singaporeans just luv going there because of the food and cheaper groceries (even petrol) and even going on a daily transit. While I will be able to enjoy myself there with my colleagues, especially when it is paid for...hehe, I do hold the thought that I will be able to take the plane, even if it is a budget one coz I have never flown over the skies before, to somewhere other than Malaysia. Australia, maybe? One day :) *hopeful*
 
Anyway, I'm also doing the countdown to the ULTIMATE payday of the year!!! whoooo!! Three months' of pay, baby! (of course before the essential CPF deduction, pfft). It's also a day to settle my brother's schooling needs, his outstanding fees, credit card bills, loan from a friend and etc. But it's okay. Most of us have bills to pay anyway. Only a matter of how much.
 
While in hardship, we also turn to things that can make us happy even if it doesn't equate to money. I still luv me some soap dramas though it has been on the backburner except for one recent episode which I have been anticipating for more than two weeks. Yes, I'm not a spoiler person including reading the last few pages . Although it's just a storyline, often exaggerated for ratings purpose, if I like it, I'll buy it! I sound like some impulsive buyer. Some things are just so sweet, I cannot endure it! I think that the best thing to do is just to endure those sweet moments, even if at times, it takes months before the anticipated storyline :S See how long we fans have to endure. And then the 'best' part is that after the sweet moment or storyline, dramas being dramas,things happen and then have to wait yet again for ANOTHER happy ending weeks or even months later. Sigh.

Currently I'm waiting for the songs to finish downloading to my handphone because I don't want to die from boredom in the long bus journey. Though I know it won't be as long as the one to Malacca in last year's trip, still a journey is a journey.
 
Shall put up photos with my only 2 MP camera phone but still, better than nothing..haha. Remind me to upgrade to a better phone this year. Gonna retire to bed coz have to wake up freaking early.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...