Another Set Up

I can't wait to get my new credit card. It will be an actual credit card and not the other lame debit & credit card though admittedly, it has helped me in terms of paying the bills in advance though these greedy people, once you pay, ask you to pay even more. That's when I start to struggle.  Anyway, that card is just a welcome addition to my wallet, which is pretty devoid of cards save for my identification card and ATM card. That aside, I got the Christmas presents ready! I got them all in one shot from this shop at Far East Plaza that sells mostly budget bags. Of course when I say budget, it's not like they're in the best workmanship. Like i justified to my mum, it's just a Christmas present and I don't even celebrate Christmas and I don't have to make much efforts unlike a birthday present. Even then...I still suck at gift buying.
Then yesterday, I resisted buying this denim bag with pink details and it costs only $10! WAH!!! I put it back of course coz I told myself that I am here to buy Christmas presents for PEOPLE not for myself. But I still ended up buying myself a black plastic bracelet coz it has been ages since I last bought one. It goes well with any outfit so it's a no brainer purchase at $5. Im usually fuss free with accessories but you need a few statement pieces that goes well with many outfit no matter how plain they may look. It adds a bit of oomph to your outfit.
After the purchase, I treated my family to dinner at Ramen Ten. The problem is that, I planned to go next week when my brother's maintenance fees come in but my mum thought of going there this week and since I would be going Far East Plaza where Ramen Ten is located, so....we just did it one shot. Hrmph..money just flew and all because of my big mouth who blurts out my sudden craving to eat there..haha. But it's okaylah, I've got it covered.
Actually, I want to talk about setting me up with someone else looking for potential mates by sussing out the singles via friends or relatives contacts. I just deleted one off my facebook coz I've spoken to him like once only and then it's not as if I know him. It's just a random thing that my ex colleague tried to set me up with. Obviously, it didn't work...haha..not that I was counting on it to work.
Then on the very same day, and the very same morning, another of my ex colleague tried to hook me up with one of her friends! What the hey. She's younger than me and she's playing matchmakers already. I thought that role has been reserved for aunties. Of course I was just trying to be kind enough to allow him to add me on facebook and then she claimed he did but I did not respond. So cannot wait. I didn't receive the friend request, how to add? He did send me a chat message but I was away from my office table from that period of time so I could not reply and he was offline already.
Honestly, it's very awkward for me. I know I shouldn't dismiss such chances but at the moment, I'm not looking for a relationship and can people stop assuming that just because I'm single, I need to be hooked up with someone? I'm still very old fashioned like I prefer if I have seen the guy before and we develop a friendship from there. So far, it has not happened yet..haha. It's just so awkward for me to know someone without seeing the person and why is that? It makes me more paranoid coz people tend to picture how the other person looks like and then you know, I'm not exactly the head turner sort. I know that's shallow thinking but won't you have the same notions too?  
Then because I know them and they're good people so it's hard for me to just wave them off with my hand and say I'm not interested...unless it's my aunty, haha.
So what is a single...and not looking for love girl..gonna do now?

 

Comments

Popular Posts