The Elusive Bag Purchase

Yay..the big b..aka bonus is in..as in yesterday! Cleared my outstanding bills..well..er..almost...and paid off my loan..well..part of it..and I still have much money to spend and save..whahaha!! 


When my colleague said that she got at least $4k and surprised that I got even lesser than that, she was surprised. She thought we both were earning around the same amount until I told her the stark difference in the amount. Anyway, I told her that one day I wished I have a bonus of at least $4k but I'm not there yet but in a beat she said, you will.


I know I don't care. Money is money. Bonus is bonus. As long as they're not so stingy like last year when the bonus was so incredibly much lesser than from all my working years due to recession. If you think that everyone will be able to get their bonus this year due to the improved economy, you are wrong. There are still some companies making do without the bonus and that's sad. Not everyone says it but sometimes it's not just recognition that you are seeking when you work your ass off. You also need a form of monetary rewards. Of course giving too much while every other companies is giving a modest bonus is a bit much also. Five months of bonus? Crazy sh*t man :S but of course, whoever gets that must be having the time of their life. If I get that, I will get another laptop so that I don't have to wait for my brother to finish and also go to Australia even..whahaha!! But knowing me, I'll be too stingy and dump most of it into my other savings account..like what I'm doing with my current bonus  -_-


But aye, I'm not that stingy frugal. I do spend. Trust me, I know what I bought yesterday..hahaha...I still didn't get a bag like how I raved prior to this on how I MUST get myself a new bag like die die MUST GET ONE. Sadly, none of them seem to ping my radar. I'm not willing to plonk $70 on a bag and then only half liking it but I got it coz..well..I just had to get a bag. Doesn't make freaking sense to me. My friend, prior to this, did help me to choose some bags. One of them was pretty justified but when I tried it, I know it will be one of those bags that I will seldom use coz it's pretty big and it's not like I carry many things when I go to work or when I go out. So I know it will be a definite waste though it is quite pretty and the brown one was sold out at that outlet. The other one was of the right size but it's so  plain and boring, the price of $70 is so not the justified and I don't care if it's from forever 21.


I would like to call myself a bag whore but sadly, I'm not there yet like how some people would spend a few hundreds on a bag coz of the label and they got this 'I just gotta have this coz it's so pretty..and it's Agnes B!!' mentality. To me, the bag doesn't have to be that expensive. Seriously, when I see the bags that they have bought that cost a few hundred bucks, I'm like meh..you spent so much for that?! But you know us girls. Many of us buy things without thinking or we do think..like in a single fast lane..like zoom..and we have a purchase! heh..


I'm also not one of those who will buy a very cheap bag without missing a beat coz it's er..cheap. I mean come on, you will probably wear it once or twice and then the strap will be in three different places. You wanna get a bag, at least get a decent one that will last for a bit. If not, then you are better off combining the cost of these several cheap bags and then get a pretty awesome bag that will last much longer.


So while I have not found my soul bag yet, I'm happy with the rest of my purchases although I had one bad purchase due to influence from a friend (what's new) and the manhattan fish market dinner kinda sucked coz I got swayed by the waiter's recommendation to get the crab special instead of the usual seafood platter. And that crab special with no prawns, is a catastrophe! Can't believe I paid almost $80 for that...chet.


But then there is one thing that I MUST get. A pair of decent sandals coz mine broke last week and made me walk funny until I reached my workplace. I would say it's a justified purchase and then URS is having like a sale that many of their shoes and heels are selling at only $18..what the hey! And last week, I saw one and it was super nice for a pair of heels and yah, it was only $18 and best of all, it comes in my size..whahaha! 


I'm not only bag crazy..I'm shoe crazy now..


Meanwhile, I shall stash my balance of $50 into the..what my brother termed as..the fake LV wallet...where I keep the money from my daily savings. Now don't belittle this practice of mine. While I used to save $2 every day, with some spare coins, prior to my December pay, I did something  different. Every $50 I spent, I stash $10 in the fake LV wallet. It spares me the headache of saving $2 daily..heh. And BECAUSE of that, I managed to get my brother's books even before getting my pay on Saturday. God is also kind enough to help me because just a day before that, I got back my reimbursement from a medical claim so I have back up money as well which I thought can also be used to buy new uniform for my brother. But the bookshop seller insisted that my brother sees her when school reopens and buy it from her. Ok...whatever rocks your boat.


My brother then wanted to go out and he told me a day before that he wants to ask for $10 coz he had no money to meet his friend. But since I didn't have to buy uniform for him, I gave him $50 instead which is his early allowance. But I took $2 from him and some spare coins, which my mum said sigh..like paying stamp duty..haha...coz I'm not going to give the counter $50 and expect a change for a $2.50 entry when I go to the gym later on in the day.


And it will always be a mystery to my mum how I always manage to come up with money when prior to that, I often complain I don't have money and I have like $6 left..yadah yadah..but then, it's true what! I always set a limit as to what I can spend on so that the money can last longer. Need to remind you that I don't earn much so I have to do that.


Meanwhile, I shall love my current bags and while I still have not met the IT bag yet, I can afford to wait...since I can afford to buy..hehe..



follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts