Do Good Feel Good

Have you seen those elderly people hawking tissue papers and then most of the time, people just walk past and totally ignoring them? I admit I am one of them but I do felt bad about them because they are just hoping that people will buy the tissue papers from them so that they can feed themselves. Now these people may be self reliant and have been receiving the financial aid already from relevant authorities but they want to have this sense of independence of earning money themselves even if it means standing for long hours and watching the world go by while hoping someone drops by and buy the tissue papers from them. You know I'm very calculative when it comes to money and I myself am struggling to feed my own family. 


But yesterday something came over me and I decided to make a u turn and gave the blind old lady $2 without taking the tissue papers coz I basically wanted to help her and I don't need those tissue. Before I gave her the money, a young teenager also gave her some money and got the tissue papers from her. See, not all youngsters spend their time partying away and showing off their pretty and sponsored outfits. This month I have more money than usual due to it being the month of bonus too and I got a lot of stuffs for myself though I stash some money away too every now and then like some sort of investment for future use. So, what is that $2 to me eh? 


So therefore I urge you all to be more sympathetic to others and not just go around showing off your wealth with the latest bag designs from famed brands. Have you heard of stories or even know of people who are actually wealthy but they are dressed down like they don't wear top notch brands but just comfy clothes which are mostly non brands. Yet they have a heart of gold, live simply and are generous especially towards those more in need. Truly admirable.


Such people don't come by easily as many of us are simply too materialistic whether or not we are in denial about it. Sure they may argue that they have earned their dough so have the right to spend as much as they want since they have worked hard for it. I find no harm in that as long as they don't participate in illegal activities and gamble their money away because there's only one way going on for them: downwards.


So make your resolution not just about losing more weight and making more money but also to be more charitable especially towards those in need. While you can still choose a life of glam or choose to be stylish, no harm stretching your wealth not just towards materialistic gains but for a more spiritual gain. You feel real good when you help others. Seriously, try it.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts