Skip to main content

Christmas Gift Dilemma

Let me try this email blogging again. I have been having problems posting my blog via email but then managed to rectify the problem because apparently the setting has changed due to certain enhancements to blogger. Anyway, I hope it works this time..ha!
 
Christmas is looming near and even though I don't celebrate the occasion, I do receive christmas presents from my colleagues and if I don't give, it will be so odd though it's not customary to give back as bottomline is, it should come from your heart. But I won't feel good so somehow, it will still come from my pockets.  And I hate to say this. I don't usually give the nicest presents unless I sincerely make the efforts. It's hard when I allocate very little budget..haha. Hey, I did say it's the thought that counts, right? Yah, for a miser.
 
I kinda have an idea what I want to buy and where to get while I was in the showers just now (I do my thinking there..including my budgeting)  but oh no, it's in the heart of the orchards. Ok more like at the corner part of Orchard so hopefully the crowd won't be so bad. I'm thinking of Far East Plaza coz I know of a few shops there that sell nice clutches for less than $10. Well, there's always the generic Body Shop or Marks & Spencers.
 
But I actually know what I will be getting for Christmas :) because I realise that people do actually read my facebook updates and I sometimes write what I want or wish to have but it's nowhere near telling people what to get. Well, I try to..
 
Actually I don't have much to write coz I'm just killing time as my colleagues are not around and I'm the only one here so please bear with me..haha.
 
If I ever do up a list, these are the things I wish I can get
 
  • a big bag
  • make up palette
  • a nice top
  • stationeries 
See, it's so short, I don't know why I even bother to write. Speaking of make up (see list above), if you are a make up virgin, stay tuned coz I will put links and videos to help you put on basic make up. It's part of creating a good impression and hiding your imperfections so you will look presentable. Remember my previous article on looking hot? Whether or not you are single or a mum of 3 kids, you can still look hot without looking skanky. For make up, you don't have to think too much about it like how my friend insisted she didn't want to wear certain colours because she was afraid that she will outshine the bride -.- You won't unless the colours look so gawdy on you and that you just sloppily put them on. You will definitely create unwanted attention.
 
Maybe I'll put it up quite immediately since, you know, I'm so free at work right now since no one is around.
 
Stay tuned..erm..popettez! Well if Lady Gaga can call her fans little monsters and Kim Kardashian call hers Dolls, I call you dear readers, Popettez!  Yah I know..I'm too free.
 
--
Sincerely,
 
Rahayu
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...